Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
(09-17-2015, 12:00 PM)SanChaz Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 08:27 AM)cate1898 Wrote: When does this machine hit the market? Anyone know if it will hit the US market same time as the Canadian market?

I just picked one up on Tuesday along with the philips nuance pro mask. Both have really worked great so far. Due to my high deductible I declined the humidifier option but would have hardly used it anyways.

Canada will be a bit behind the US, mostly because they are staggering the roll outs according to various reasons, some based on manufacturing catch-up, most based on regulatory approvals for each country having different time frames - for Switzerland it is either late November or early 2016, still not clear - Canada should be around a month after US roll out, so it may already be out, or coming as soon as local DMEs get shod of their PRS 60 gear.

Please note - there is no major improvement outside of design and adding oxymetry capability over the PRS 60, unless a colour screen and an app are important selling points to you, and if they are, why? What difference does that make, really?

Users of one or the other should notice no real difference in sleep quality or data when using a computer based data read. I have heard a few complaints about the Dreamstation's sound being a bit more noticeable, not surprising given the redesigned air intake would certainly lead to that (really, Philips? Aren't any real world users on your design staff?), but others have said that it is just as quiet.

The Dreamsation is only marginally smaller and lighter than the PRS line, and this is more a cosmetic fix than anything else - new PAPers given a PRS 60 should not complain - it is a fine machine and you are not being palmed off with an inferior product that will not improve your sleep as much as the new Dreamstation will, since they are almost identical in most practical ways, and unless you are now charged full price on it instead of the more discounted prices for these devices, happily take the PRS 60 instead of saying "I will wait".
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have information on the oximetry capability of this new DreamStation?

Was wondering if you would be able to use any oximeter, and is there a place to plug into the machine. Does the machine then give the oximentry results on the SD card?

Or, would you have to order or use an oximeter that Respironics sells?

Unable to find much information on this feature. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is an add-on module you have to buy from Respironics.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 01:43 PM)DocWils Wrote: It is an add-on module you have to buy from Respironics.

DocWils,
If a person were in the market for a new machine, then that feature could be useful to some. But I agree from your assessment that the Dream Station is not that much of an upgrade to the 60 Series. Don't get me wrong, I love my 60 series APAP, it's a great machine.

The DreamStation is prettier though! Wink
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 01:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The DreamStation is prettier though! Wink

Really? I feel quite the opposite - I find it far uglier and less aesthetic - the colour, a sickly plastic white is for me unpleasant, and the shape reminds me of certain devices that had best be left unsaid but used in clinical settings, lest it disturb more gentle members of our readership.

I found the square shape, dark colours and clean lines of the PRS far nicer. This looks vaguely like a Mac wannabe, but one from early 2002, or worse, designed by the same team that did the med designs for Space:1999.

Moreover, I see to many design mistakes, not least hiding the CF card under a lid, so that you cannot access it with ease to either read it out or to take it out so you can run the blower and dry the machine (a software update to allow for disengaging the write function and the heat function so the blower can run and dry the humidifier chamber and hose would be an easy workaround - Philips, you listening?), so I am not a great fan of it, looks wise. Get past the plastic shell, though, and it is essentially the same machine as you already have.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 02:12 PM)DocWils Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 01:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The DreamStation is prettier though! Wink

Really? I feel quite the opposite - I find it far uglier and less aesthetic - the colour, a sickly plastic white is for me unpleasant, and the shape reminds me of certain devices that had best be left unsaid but used in clinical settings, lest it disturb more gentle members of our readership.

DocWils,
Since I'm not in the medical field, I don't know what "certain device" that had best be left unsaid Unsure that you speak of.

Your posts always give me reason to Wink.

But on a serious note, I plan on buying a backup (have been saying this for awhile now), so with the price drop on the 60 series, I'm going to purchase another just like the one I already have.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 02:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: DocWils,
Since I'm not in the medical field, I don't know what "certain device" that had best be left unsaid Unsure that you speak of.

You REALLY don't want to know, just leave it at that.

(09-17-2015, 02:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Your posts always give me reason to Wink.

Glad if I can do that. Laughter is the best medicine (who said that?).

(09-17-2015, 02:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote: But on a serious note, I plan on buying a backup (have been saying this for awhile now), so with the price drop on the 60 series, I'm going to purchase another just like the one I already have.

I would consider that to be a very wise decision. I might as well as a travel machine. Big and heavy compared to the Z1, but I recently had a chance to review the Z1, and gave it a resounding thumbs down, so big and heavy it is....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello DocWils,

(Yesterday 03:26 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
Your posts always give me reason to Smile

Glad if I can do that. Laughter is the best medicine (who said that?).

Solomon
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to a kind Apnea Board member, we now have the Clinician Setup Guides for the following five machines:

Philips-Respironics DreamStation Auto BiPAP
Philips-Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro
Philips-Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP
Philips-Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro
Philips-Respironics DreamStation CPAP

To request one of these PDF manuals via email, simply follow the directions in Section Three of our Clinician Setup Manuals page, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2015, 08:47 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks to a kind Apnea Board member, we now have the Clinician Setup Guides

Thank you very much Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,810 10 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,602 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,975 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,120 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.