Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
SHa_clap2

Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 12:00 PM)SanChaz Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 08:27 AM)cate1898 Wrote: When does this machine hit the market? Anyone know if it will hit the US market same time as the Canadian market?

I just picked one up on Tuesday along with the philips nuance pro mask. Both have really worked great so far. Due to my high deductible I declined the humidifier option but would have hardly used it anyways.

I just came across a news blurb that P-R stated this model will officially be released in the U.S. in October. I would've posted the link to this article but I can't tell if the site has ulterior motives for publishing the story.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

My 5 year old System One bi-flex died last nigth and I need a new unit. I know I have seen many posts online that it is available for sale. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Stephen

P.S. I'm new here so be nice Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 09:11 AM)schesbh Wrote: Hi,

My 5 year old System One bi-flex died last nigth and I need a new unit. I know I have seen many posts online that it is available for sale. Does anyone know where I can find these?

Stephen

P.S. I'm new here so be nice Smile

Hi schesbh!

Welcome

Please look at the top of this page for the Supplier List link. There you'll find many vendors that may accommodate you.

Good Luck!

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2015, 09:30 AM)sgearhart Wrote: Please look at the top of this page for the Supplier List link. There you'll find many vendors that may accommodate you.

don't waste your time
no Suppliers has it yet
it's not out till some time in October

if you look around there is one person that has got a hold of some pre-release units for $699
I know where you can get the dream machine if you are able to pay cash - $699 for APAP, brand new plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you in contact with the seller.
[link to private non-DME CPAP site removed - it appears as though the link led to the post of a private forum member (non-DME) person who may be trying to illegally sell prescription-required items without a DME license. At least they are not making it public as to the source of sales, which is suspect. Apnea Board cannot be used to facilitate the illegal sales of prescription-required items in any way. In the U.S., all CPAP sales are required to go through a licensed DME. Also, for future reference, keep in mind that although this link wasn't to a DME website, direct links to commercial DME websites are not allowed. Please see the Supplier List on how to properly link to a DME. Thanks for your understanding. --Admin]

there is one other person but could not find them at the time i post this
i'll edit later when/if i find them

Peace
Ricci

PS: pre-release units are the final units and given out in small quantities to get the buzz going for the final roll out, hence there is no difference in getting these or waiting till October
plus the price may go down once the final roll-out
it may go up too, BUT that is VERY rare

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone...

First I would like to thank everyone for letting me know about the DREAMSTATION with this thread. My BiPap just died after 5 years of faithful service. I searched everywhere for it for a day, called Philips, sent them facebook messages in their page... and had calls back from everyone... great service...BUT it is not out until October but some select places have it.

So off I go and write last night and email to where I purchsae all my supplies. I live in Canada and forget about getting anything here and especiall the price we have to pay... even with the exchange it is cheaper in the US.

I received an email from them that they have stock and the complete line! So I have ordered the DREAMSTATION AUTO BIPAP ABD DREAMWEAR CPAP MASK FITPACK and it's on the way to me by Friday. I will pick it up at my US address in NY. I work 10 minutes away in Canada next to the border. All medical equipment is duty and tax free.

They have told me that if anyone is interested in getting a DREAMSTATION that they can call them!

[Direct link to DME supplier removed per Apnea Board rules. Instead, please refer to "Supplier #18" on the Supplier List]
I have been with them for over 10 years now and love their service and pricing. Super nice people to deal with.

They have no accessories at the moment (filters etc) but expect them soon. They have stock on all the models.

I can't wait to get it.... I will post about it after i receive it!!! Thanks again

Stephen

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested in knowing how buying an Auto BiPAP is cheaper in the US than in Canada. Looking at the latest Resmed, the price at the website you listed is $1726 USD which with today's exchange rate makes it to $2300 CAD. There is a provider here in the GTA that you can get the same Auto BiPAP for $1120, which is half the price. Seeing that I'm sure that that vendor will sell the equivalent Respironics machine at the same price to you, how are you actually saving money?

In fact, if you include ADP, which you would be eligible for because your old machine is more than five years old, you'll end up paying less than $400 instead of over $2000.

Your math doesn't make much sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a new member and recently diagnosed with moderate OSA; I picked up my (first) CPAP machine - which happens to be the new Dreamstation. My DME said I was one of the first to receive one from them. I won't have much to compare it to, but maybe can provide some newbie feedback and observations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2015, 07:28 PM)dcb137 Wrote: I am a new member and recently diagnosed with moderate OSA; I picked up my (first) CPAP machine - which happens to be the new Dreamstation. My DME said I was one of the first to receive one from them. I won't have much to compare it to, but maybe can provide some newbie feedback and observations.

Welcome

We would certainly be happy to hear about your experiences with the Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2015, 07:28 PM)dcb137 Wrote: I am a new member and recently diagnosed with moderate OSA; I picked up my (first) CPAP machine - which happens to be the new Dreamstation.
Hi dcb137
Which model: DreamStation CPAP, DreamStation CPAP Pro, DreamStation Auto CPAP, DreamStation BIPAP Pro, DreamStation Auto BIPAP

FYI, the clinical manual is available via Email, scroll down to section three, Philips-Respironics Manuals:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,848 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,066 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,255 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.