Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
Information 
Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
Looks like there's a new Philips-Respironics series of CPAP machines that are coming on the market this fall:

DreamStation Auto BiPAP
DreamStation BiPAP Pro
DreamStation Auto CPAP
DreamStation CPAP Pro
DreamStation CPAP

9/18/15 EDIT: We now have the Clinician Setup Guides for these machines. To receive a copy, follow the directions in this post.

Clinician Setup instructions with pictures, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions

Thanks.

More info in next post...
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
[Image: dreamstation.jpg]

Features on the DreamStation Auto CPAP:

* EZ-Start, Auto-Trial, Opti-Start
* Pressure range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
* Flex Comfort: C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex
* Humidification modes: Fixed, Adaptive, Heated Tube
* Ramp (5-45 mins): Standard, SmartRamp
* Altitude compensation: Automatic
* Advanced Event detection: Standard
* Flow Waveforms: Standard
* Modem Compatibility: Standard (optional Cellular Modem or Wi-Fi Accessory)
* Built-in Bluetooth Connectivity: Standard
* Dream mapper Compatibility: Standard (by mobile app or web)
* Oximetry Compatibility: Standard (optional accessories)
* Check mask Fit feature: Standard
* Performance check: Standard

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check your PM
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2015, 06:40 PM)DocWils Wrote: Check your PM

Thanks for the info Doc. If anyone finds the Clinician Setup Manual or info on how to get into the Clinician Setup Mode, please let me know.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Getting into the clinician's set up is the same as with the PRS - knob and ramp together for 5 seconds, according to my source. Tank looks harder to take out and empty than before, doesn't it? The more they overtake the plumbing.... *sigh*
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Doc... good to know. It will be interesting to see how folks like the new humidifier.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I like that. With the screen and controls on the END it appears more thoughtfully laid out than most of the machines currently on the market.

Water tub goes in vertically like on the S9???

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
When does this machine hit the market? Anyone know if it will hit the US market same time as the Canadian market?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 08:27 AM)cate1898 Wrote: When does this machine hit the market? Anyone know if it will hit the US market same time as the Canadian market?

It was actually offered to me 10 days ago by my DME instead of my 4th Airsense 10 which, so far, knock on wood, is working fine. So, some DMEs have it already.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Our internal server says it was out on July 15th, although for which countries I don't know - usually they are rolled out in the US first, and we get it a year or so later here - partly due to regulatory rules here, partly due to the agents figuring out how far they can jack up the price (currently, a $700 PRS system in the US sells for up to 4K here - welcome to Ferengi Prime).

Out side of some vague material, there is nothing else - the links to Philip's professional site draw a blank, so I am unsure of how they intend to promote it, or when they intend to get their sites updated (summer is a bummer for companies that have 5 week summer hols), but I know that this is the replacement for the System One, which our internal server says will be declared EOL soon. Whether this really is an improvement or not I cannot say - my dig through the manual doesn't convince me of much, especially the redesigned air intake and filter placement. I can't imagine a thin-slot air intake will be quieter than the current intake, in fact, I figure it will cause a noise, probably high pitched, since you are pulling air in through an embouchure.

Physical dimension (without humidifier) in comparison to PRS 60:

15.7x19.3x8.4 cm weight 1.33 kg PRS 60:18x14x10 cm weight 1.53 kg

So, not all that different in size and only slightly lighter in weight. Sound levels almost identical (27/35 dB for each machine, give or take 2 dB).

Sooooo, not a major difference, unless you think the colour screen and few doo-dads make a difference, or you like death-bed white plastic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,860 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,414 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.