Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
I don't like the fact that they are replacing the 60 series. Now might be a good time to watch
the prices on the current 60 series machines, and buy one to use as a backup or second machine.

I would rather wait a year to see how this new dream machine operates and for all the "bugs" to be worked out. Just my thoughts!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't expect the PRS 60 to disappear from the shelves too fast - there will be backlogs of the device for a while, just like there are still in-the-box S9s available still....

I addition, there will be supplies for the PRS 60 produced for around 7 years after the last PRS 60 rolls off the assembly line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice one, they copied a lots of ResMed S9 and AirSesne 10 features
Things like coloured display, air filter cover ... and clock to match the time to your local time

But the bad news, they kept the brick, just like ResMed with AirSense 10 CPAP

My guess, will be priced lower than System One 60 series machines and of course ResMed machines

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 08:04 PM)zonk Wrote: and clock to match the time to your local time

Yeah, but the scumbags don't let you set the time or date if it's incorrect. They only let you adjust the time zone by 30 minute increments.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 01:36 PM)DocWils Wrote: Physical dimension (without humidifier) in comparison to PRS 60:

15.7x19.3x8.4 cm weight 1.33 kg PRS 60:18x14x10 cm weight 1.53 kg

So, not all that different in size and only slightly lighter in weight. Sound levels almost identical (27/35 dB for each machine, give or take 2 dB).

Sooooo, not a major difference, unless you think the colour screen and few doo-dads make a difference, or you like death-bed white plastic.

HUGE improvement is the screen and knob on the end edge of the machine where I can see and reach it from the bed. Top and front (towards long side) is mucho no bueno - Muy mal ergonomics.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2015, 08:59 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: HUGE improvement is the screen and knob on the end edge of the machine where I can see and reach it from the bed. Top and front (towards long side) is mucho no bueno - Muy mal ergonomics.

OMMOHY

It was assumed before that people placed the machine below their bed level, hence the readout on top, and if not, one only looked at the read out after one was awake - putting it to the front assumes the machine is at eye level. Actually a bad design flaw, IMHO, since most times it isn't, and unless you are the type to wake up from time to time in bed and glance at the display (really?), it is a badly placed solution. At least the A10 tilts the screen upward a bit. The Dreamstation has it flat front. My take is that it is designed by people who don't have real world experience using CPAP devices, but say the A10 and were told to make it as close to but not like it as possible. In addition, making the SD card no longer readily accessible (you have to open a cover to get at it) means that people like me, who remove it daily to run the blower for a half hour to dry the machine and hose, will be discouraged from doing that - I would then move to the A10 which has an easy to remove SD card instead. If they wanted to make a radical and brilliant change, it would be to have a button that automatically disengages the SD card recording and the auto off and humidifier and runs the blower automatically for sufficient time to cry the entire system. THAT I would buy. Maybe Philips would do well to actually consult people who use the bloody things, and even eavesdrop on boards like this to find out what would be killer apps for them to put into their new doo-hickey. Because it is obvious from the design of this new one that they haven't. I'll stick with the PRS60 instead, and hope to find one more before this one dies.
Post Reply Post Reply
When are they going to figure out that blue light is bad? I agree with DocWills, the display screen placement is a step backwards. I place the machine in a low drawer next to the bed and the display will be difficult to use. I would not want that thing shining at me at night, and hopefully it can be shut off.

This machine appears to come standard with the heated hose outlet used on the PRS1 60 series. It looks like they may have retained the modular design. Since they have the CPAP, CPAP Pro and Auto, it appears they have retained a data-brick in the lineup. One can only wonder why.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2015, 05:51 AM)DocWils Wrote: In addition, making the SD card no longer readily accessible (you have to open a cover to get at it) means that people like me, who remove it daily to run the blower for a half hour to dry the machine and hose, will be discouraged from doing that - I would then move to the A10 which has an easy to remove SD card instead.

edit: Just reread what you wrote, you are removing the SD card so it doesn't record data while you are running the blower to dry our the system. Having WiFi or BlueTooth isn't going to fix that, though an auto dry-out period would be cool.

------------------------------
It does have built-in Bluetooth Cool Though who knows how useful that will be. From what I've read, the Bluetooth module for the PRS1 will only communicate with the mobile app on your phone...Not sure if this will be the same.

As for removing the SD card, I would love to see Philips add some sort of WiFi so I wouldn't have to use the FlashAir, but it still works well enough. Even if they did add WiFi, it would probably be hard coded to upload directly to SleepMapper. Speaking of SleepMapper, I logged to their website this morning and saw this:
[Image: 21049077101_ff56d32dd7_z.jpg]

(08-31-2015, 07:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: It looks like they may have retained the modular design. Since they have the CPAP, CPAP Pro and Auto, it appears they have retained a data-brick in the lineup. One can only wonder why.

Probably because DMEs are still pushing the bricks to people who don't know any better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone. I'm new. I joined just to write this. I got the dreamstation about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it. It is also the only CPAP machine I've ever owned. I was diagnosed OSA a week before it was available. And I had my appointment the afternoon of the morning my doc office got their machine. (My doc is on a apnea board of med directors and got one before they officially hit the market. And my timing was just right.) Anyways.....

I love it. When adjusting the pressure, I call the doc, they hit a button, and the Bluetooth and modem do the rest. Info automatically goes to blue cross of insurance, my statistics go to my doc (oximetry, avg apneas per hour, hrs of use, etc) and he can monitor my therapy. The humidifier has a preheat function. I turn it on up to 30 mins before sleep and it is ready for me. Tubing is heated. Super easy controls. Over time, it learns my sleep patterns and can adjust the humidity and ramp as necessary. I can control how much humidity I want, and I can control the temp of the humidity and tubing.

All of these features may be available on other machines. I'm just trying to think of stuff I've seen others ask. Oh, yes. The tank does load vertically. The back flap is hinged. It opens and hinges back. Tank comes up and out. It has 2 filters on it. Macro filter. And hepa filter for micro particles. It has an SD card, but I use both the Bluetooth (to monitor my stats on my iPad) and modem (to send/receive info from my doc and insurance co.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to check back in periodically. Or y'all can email me. I am:
scm.rtr@gmail.com

Hope this helped someone. Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
And as far as the LCD screen on the front, it has a light sensor on top of the unit. It is dim in a dark room. And bright in a bright room. After a minute of no usage, the screen goes black. The power button to turn on the blower stays on. But it's no brighter than any other power button. And like I said, the screen turns off. It's not a touch screen. It is knob controlled only.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,861 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,259 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,447 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,128 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 232 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.