Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
(08-29-2015, 06:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: [Image: dreamstation.jpg]

Features on the DreamStation Auto CPAP:

* EZ-Start, Auto-Trial, Opti-Start
* Pressure range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
* Flex Comfort: C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex
* Humidification modes: Fixed, Adaptive, Heated Tube
* Ramp (5-45 mins): Standard, SmartRamp
* Altitude compensation: Automatic
* Advanced Event detection: Standard
* Flow Waveforms: Standard
* Modem Compatibility: Standard (optional Cellular Modem or Wi-Fi Accessory)
* Built-in Bluetooth Connectivity: Standard
* Dream mapper Compatibility: Standard (by mobile app or web)
* Oximetry Compatibility: Standard (optional accessories)
* Check mask Fit feature: Standard
* Performance check: Standard
It looks to me to be a major improvement over the past models, It may make me consider getting a respironics in the future. I have been a ResMed guy but these machines look good and seem to have a good amount of thought behind them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2015, 07:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: When are they going to figure out that blue light is bad? I agree with DocWills, the display screen placement is a step backwards. I place the machine in a low drawer next to the bed and the display will be difficult to use. I would not want that thing shining at me at night, and hopefully it can be shut off.

This machine appears to come standard with the heated hose outlet used on the PRS1 60 series. It looks like they may have retained the modular design. Since they have the CPAP, CPAP Pro and Auto, it appears they have retained a data-brick in the lineup. One can only wonder why.

Well I like it, I place my machine directly at bed level so wouldn't be a problem for me. My current machine does me proud though so It will be some time before I need a new one. Gives them some time to work out the kinks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if they are also going to update the BiPAPs or is this new design only going to be for the APAP/CPAP line?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 03:29 PM)ramblingasian Wrote: Does anyone know if they are also going to update the BiPAPs or is this new design only going to be for the APAP/CPAP line?
CPAP and APAP are their bread and butter
Usually, they bring out CPAP/APAP first, as the majority of folks uses these machines
Bi-levels and ASV follows at a later date to complete the series
Post Reply Post Reply
Since Respironics uses a single design for all machines, no matter what the function, it is likely that this will be the new template for BiPap devices as well. For them it is a simple expediency - they can make tons of identical shells, and put inside whatever they need to, so it works out well for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed when I read the manual that was given to DME's that it looks like the power adapter plugs in on the left side of the machine. That would suck if your machine is placed on the right of your bed because the power adapter would be facing out if you have the screen facing you.

Hopefully that isn't the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found one for sale on the internet and it was selling for $600 dollars for an auto. Not bad on the price.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 05:53 PM)DocWils Wrote: Since Respironics uses a single design for all machines, no matter what the function, it is likely that this will be the new template for BiPap devices as well. For them it is a simple expediency - they can make tons of identical shells, and put inside whatever they need to, so it works out well for them.

It appears that they use the same hardware within all the machines (except the 160 and 260 brick models) in the 60 series line. The higher level machines are the same hardware with different software.

What worries me is that it seems they're also making a new "Dorma" series based on the REMStar SE model. These appear to all be bricks, with nothing more than nightly averages even on the auto models.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 07:35 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I found one for sale on the internet and it was selling for $600 dollars for an auto. Not bad on the price.

I found that one also. It appeared fishy; where did the seller get the machines? I searched a scattering of dealers on our supplier list and no one had them for sale yet.

What I was mostly looking for was how much the optional wifi adapter will cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2015, 12:01 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:35 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I found one for sale on the internet and it was selling for $600 dollars for an auto. Not bad on the price.

I found that one also. It appeared fishy; where did the seller get the machines? I searched a scattering of dealers on our supplier list and no one had them for sale yet.

What I was mostly looking for was how much the optional wifi adapter will cost.

Yea, I know it makes one wonder doesn't it. I don't need a new machine for quite a while so by the time I do these will be old. I do like the design. It shows that they are trying to make some improvements and putting some R&D into it. Like all new things it is probably best to wait until it has been out a while so all the bugs if any have been worked out, but it looks like a nice machineSmile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,859 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,408 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.