Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
FYI...
I set up a new information page containing the basic Clinician Setup Instructions for the new Philips-Respironics DreamStation series of machines, including the DreamStation Auto BiPAP, DreamStation BiPAP Pro, DreamStation Auto CPAP, DreamStation CPAP Pro, & DreamStation CPAP machines.

It has basic graphics to help folks get into the Clinician Setup mode and instructions on what some of the settings do.

New Page is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-c...structions
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wondering how the power consumption is on these new DreamStations? Took my new but now old PR SystemOne trailer camping with me for nearly a week, and it barely bit into our 2 golf batteries. And that was also using the humidifier!
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on my second dreamstation unit (over 2months of use between two units). First was an auto CPAP which did not work well on my central apnea. I have now been given an auto BiPAP machine that supposedly is helping my CA numbers. As I have to rely upon calling my provider to get this information, I can't provide much more than this.

My experience. Easy to use. Nice ergonomics. The person who is complaining about getting to the SD card it takes all of 2 seconds to flip the door up and remove the card - if that. Not a big deal. Certainly not as easy as just having direct access I am sure but the difference in time to open the door and remove has got to be miniscule.

When I got my units, there was no heated hose option so I can't speak to this.

I am having difficulty with my humidifier. I set it to adaptive per instructions and set the "level" to 3. The humidifier has not turned on yet. It will heat the water when I turn on the pre heat option but not after that. I don't know if it is me or the unit. My provider has been no help and Philips says I have to only work through my provider on this issue. What a huge disappointment to get zero support. Like I said, it could be me not understanding how this works and not a defective unit.

The main problem I have is that this machine whistles upon inhalation. Too me it is loud, to others maybe not. I did see mention in an earlier post that they had concerns that the machine would have a high pitch whistle. It does. Brought this up with Philips who once again has sent me to my provider. Brought the unit in again yesterday and they confirmed the whistle. They had another unit there and we tried that one to see if it was just my machine or the design of all machines. The second unit also whistled. You can decide for yourself where the problem lies. I did remove both filters and the high pitch whistle went away.

Don't know what to do. The whistle wakes me up and keep me up. This is not why I spent a lot of time and money to help my apnea issues.

Mark W
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a little door to flip up, that might mean a Flashair card (which is a teeny bit long and hangs out of the slot) will not be useful in the DreamStation. That would be sad!!!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 01:04 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If you have a little door to flip up, that might mean a Flashair card (which is a teeny bit long and hangs out of the slot) will not be useful in the DreamStation. That would be sad!!!

I don't understand "Flashair card". If this has to do with the filters this is how they work (remember, my first CPAP device so this could be common to all). To get to the filters, you flip up a door. There are two filters and one sits under the other. the one on the underside is a non reuseable HEPA filter and the one on Top is a wasable filter. I would guess the filters are about 2.5" long and less than 1" in width.

***EDIT*** You are referring to the SD card I believe. Sorry for the info above. I do not know if this is a flashair or not.

Mark W

Post Reply Post Reply
yes - referring to the SD card. A FlashAir is a special SD Card that some of us have purchased to use instead of the stock SD Card because it is a wifi server and we can get to our data without removing the card. If there is a trap door over the SD Card slot, the standard card would fit, but our much loved FlashAir cards might not.

Sorry for the confusion Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 12:27 PM)Mark W Wrote: The person who is complaining about getting to the SD card it takes all of 2 seconds to flip the door up and remove the card - if that. Not a big deal. Certainly not as easy as just having direct access I am sure but the difference in time to open the door and remove has got to be miniscule.

That was me, and it wasn't about the time it takes, but that doing it twice daily would eventually break that part of the machine - this is relatively cheap plastic and not designed to be opened and closed daily for several years. It was one of the several design failures I noted about the machine on my inspection of it in Berlin.

It was also me that pointed out that the slot nature of the air intake would likely cause a noise problem, glad you confirmed it - it also confirms my feeling for a lot of CPAP manufacturers is that they are designers but not users, and a neat design idea does not translate into a practical solution. In medicine, we don't do neat - we do practical, because practical works. I guess I'll stock up on a few PRS machines while they are still around and cheap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 04:39 PM)DariaVader Wrote: yes - referring to the SD card. A FlashAir is a special SD Card that some of us have purchased to use instead of the stock SD Card because it is a wifi server and we can get to our data without removing the card. If there is a trap door over the SD Card slot, the standard card would fit, but our much loved FlashAir cards might not.

Sorry for the confusion Big Grin

I still have the modem on my PRS1; to get to my SD card, I would have to take it off first. A little door is nothing. Big Grin
(Of course an easily breakable door is still not a good idea)
But as I bought an FlashAir SD card, it's not an issue. I didn't realize the card sizes were different. I would check, but I'm not willing to pull the card out and risk losing the configuration. It's been just over a month and I haven't had any issues yet...knock on wood.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 10:53 PM)SleepyWabbit Wrote: I still have the modem on my PRS1; to get to my SD card, I would have to take it off first. A little door is nothing. Big Grin
(Of course an easily breakable door is still not a good idea)
But as I bought an FlashAir SD card, it's not an issue. I didn't realize the card sizes were different. I would check, but I'm not willing to pull the card out and risk losing the configuration. It's been just over a month and I haven't had any issues yet...knock on wood.

I wondered if you could get the modem back on one of those with a flashair in it.... the flashair is just a tad longer than the reg card. My son has one of those PR machines and i stuck my flashair in his slot and it was too far away from the router - couldnt access it - so I didnt bother seeing if the modem would go back

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 04:39 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If there is a trap door over the SD Card slot, the standard card would fit, but our much loved FlashAir cards might not.

Aren't the FlashAir cards the same size as regular SD cards?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,822 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,605 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,065 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.