Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
RE: Philips-Respironics "DreamStation" - new CPAP series on the way
(10-01-2015, 12:10 AM)archangle Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 04:39 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If there is a trap door over the SD Card slot, the standard card would fit, but our much loved FlashAir cards might not.

Aren't the FlashAir cards the same size as regular SD cards?

same width... but i thought they are a teeny bit longer.... now tho, I need to check it.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
well --- there is about a hairwidth there... but not so you'd notice! ha!

[Image: qcigXwH.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Just curious, the ResMed SD cards which I assume come with the machine, how many gigs?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 12:42 AM)DariaVader Wrote: well --- there is about a hairwidth there... but not so you'd notice! ha!

Many cameras have covers that go over the end of the SD card, so the FlashAir wouldn't work in those cameras if they were longer.

(10-01-2015, 07:23 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Just curious, the ResMed SD cards which I assume come with the machine, how many gigs?

Probably 2 GB. Are they not labeled? Your PC will probably tell you, but lock the SD card first.

Any A10 users care to comment on how big their ResMed supplied SD cards are?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: "Any A10 users care to comment on how big their ResMed supplied SD cards are? "

My A10 Autoset came with a 2GB card marked "SD". I think other people have reported that the larger capacity SDHC cards also work in the A10. but not in the S9.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
actually, my 16gb Flashair works fine in my s9. I think that more recent S9's have had a firmware update. Mine also keeps 30 days of detailed data, and I believe I've heard others say its 1 week!

Post Reply Post Reply
I took a look at the card that came with my PRS1. It's a PNY 2GB card. I went overboard and bought a 32GB FlashAir 3 which works just fine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 06:22 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Quote: "Any A10 users care to comment on how big their ResMed supplied SD cards are? "

My A10 Autoset came with a 2GB card marked "SD". I think other people have reported that the larger capacity SDHC cards also work in the A10. but not in the S9.

Phil

Almost all S9's work fine with any SD card size above 2 GB, including SDHC cards up to 32 GB. They don't use the extra space, but they work. Even SDXC cards work, but they get formatted down to a smaller size.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The card that came with the dreamstation is 2GB

I would bet that the flashair card would work. The SD card goes in the same "trap door" that the filters are in. There appears to be room between the end of the flashcard and the door. Probably more than enough room. Just a guess but I think it would work.

Mark W
Post Reply Post Reply
HI, I'm still pretty new to all this stuff.....what exactly is the difference between:
Philips-Respironics DreamStation Auto BiPAP
Philips-Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro

I have the S9 VPAP-S and want to purchase a Respironics (it works better for me.....long story). I was tested on the Series 60 and love it, so I don't care if I get a 60series or the new one....but would like to know the difference.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,832 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,128 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,124 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.