Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Sent A Letter To Get My Records
RE: I Sent A Letter To Get My Records
Ok, I spoke to two law offices just now. One said it is irrelevant and to just find a new doctor and move on. My personal info is all over internet anyway and there is nothing anyone can do about it. He said not to loose sleep over it. The other was a woman who oddly her husband had the same doctor and same situation, She lives in the next town over. He filled out the form I threw away and seven weeks later he got his records. He now has a new doctor and is fine with new mask etc. I think I could send the form( I still have one as they sent me two identical ) but I don't need it or want it. Most doctors want their own tests done anyway. Privacy is an illusion and we no longer have any!!!!! Big Brother has arrived. It makes me very angry!

To have privacy you have to have never seen a doctor or given any info to anyone ever. Even new borns have no privacy these days! I give up!

The red tape searching for this company etc is pointless and I would just get more frustrated and go no where. No lawyer will mess with this. The abrupt one I called said he has had this issue before with other people. You can do nothing....it is out there anyway. The other solution is to be dead, then it does not matter. They can't hurt my mother; she is dead. At my age, I don't have much longer to worry. lol
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Sent A Letter To Get My Records
Now you know why I'm so paranoid about privacy issues. Only a couple of Apnea Board members know my real name, and that's the way it's going to stay. I never give out my Soc Sec number, home address or phone number unless it's required by law, and usually it isn't in most cases - although some folks would like you to think that it is.

I think two authors who had keen awareness of where society was heading are Aldous Huxley (Brave New World) and George Orwell (Nineteen Eighty Four). Neither author was exactly correct in their individual predictions, but by reading their fictional works, we now see that current society contains elements of both men's futuristic visions (nightmares). However, I think it is now becoming far worse than these men could have predicted, given our current exponential growth in technologies (especially surveillance techniques, databases and the Internet). All thinking free people ought to read those two books on a regular basis, IMHO.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compliance too good? Insurance Company denial letter Gideon 12 2,044 04-02-2021, 02:03 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Resmed 10 only records 4 min of data newmar 2 730 02-20-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: newmar
  cpap machine records apneas while I am still awake Ms. B 2 848 10-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Access to medical records in Australia - including results Jarm 0 747 06-14-2020, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Jarm
  Sleepyhead records and borrowed (trial) Bilevel? Spy Car 4 1,270 08-24-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Spy Car
Angry INSURANCE RECORDS: DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW? srlevine1 5 2,037 11-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  A Letter My Sleep Health Center and Follow Up Schnauzers 5 29 11,024 03-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Ugly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.