Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Quiet Air: A Vent Upgrade For ResMed F20
Quiet Air: A Vent Upgrade For ResMed F20
I just was given an email from ResMed about a pending vent optional upgrade that is for both the AirFit and AirTouch. It touts being extra quiet. Apparently, it's a replacement elbow with a different vent hole configuration than currently available. It claims to be 70% gentler and 89% quieter, proposed down to 21 dB. It apparently does so with vent holes spread over a larger area in conjunction with a diffuser.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quiet Air: A Vent Upgrade For ResMed F20
FWIW I'll be asking for it as soon as I can get it. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll bet better half's are dancing all over the world.  Banana
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Me guessing we've gotta wait till this actually hits the market. I see nothing yet on the website regarding any other info. But I'll get my coffee stained paws on one as soon as I possibly can manage it.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave please let us know when it is available.

Gerry
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2018, 06:46 PM)gwc2795 Wrote: Dave please let us know when it is available.

Gerry

Certainly will do so. Looks like further review of ResMed website reveals that it could be packaged with some new F20's and yet the news portrays it seemingly as a replacement part as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave this link seems to show it available

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr...t-f20.html
Strange looking elbow fitting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I need to get my hearing checked? I thought the F20 was quiet already.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I spotted this in an updated user manual for the F-20. Standard Elbow 30 dBA, QuietAir Elbow 21 dBA. In comparison the AirFit P10 Manual shows 21 dBA.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2018, 06:09 AM)JesseLee Wrote: I think I need to get my hearing checked? I thought the F20 was quiet already.

The new elbow has a different dispersal pattern and does not blow such a constant stream od air in one direction. I should be more comfortable for you and your partner. When I lay on my side it is always blowing on my arm, making it cold. That is one reason that I have been trying to conquer the P10 nasl pillows, no air blast.
  Cleaver of resmed

Gerry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,042 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 463 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,765 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,412 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 550 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 698 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 484 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.