Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(10-24-2021, 11:31 AM)clintber Wrote: Btreger,

If you have a question for me, ask me.  Don't expect me to read your mind.

Be nice.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am sorry you feel so paranoid. My post came from info from the CPAP group on Facebook!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 11:06 AM)btreger Wrote: Philips Recall Repairs - Is Your Recall Replacement Refurbished?

The question remains... What exactly are these DreamStation 1 machines? Are they brand newly manufactured devices with new foam or are they perhaps recalled returned units from those that have received DS2 machines that have then been refurbished and sent back out as recalled replacements?

And there it will stay.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 11:31 AM)clintber Wrote: Btreger,

If you have a question for me, ask me.  Don't expect me to read your mind.

Be nice.

Okay...I'll ask a few questions.

Since I'm not familiar with the DS AutoBiPAP:

1. Is the machine pretty much the same as the regular Dreamstation 1, except that it's BiPAP?
  2. Can you determine if the replacement Dreamstation AutoBiPAP you received is NEW or REFURBISHED? If so, which?
  3. What is the manufactured date?
  4. Have you been asked to return your recalled unit?
  5. Did you receive any advance notice of the replacement?
  6. Is there any other info that you think might be of interest to the thread?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 10:16 AM)clintber Wrote: This morning I received a Dreamstation AutoBiPAP replacement for my recalled machine.

Your's is the first report I've heard of somebody getting a replacement BiPAP.  That's good news. 

Have you checked it out yet to ensure it's a BiPAP?  When I called Philips the other day the person I talked to said they had in error sent out over 600 CPAPs to BiPAP users, and they had to straighten things out on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
chasmm,

1. The BiPAPs look identical to the CPAPs. This one ‘looks’ brand spanking new, not a single scratch anywhere.
  2. Unsure, the sticker says “REP DreamStationAutoBiPAP DOM”,   DSX700S11F. Sure looks new.
  3. There is a date on the sticker 2021-08-20  REV 15.
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes, I got a Fed Ex email on Friday.
  6. They asked me to move my modem, humdifier, power pack and SD card to the new machine.  The filter had a pollen filter only, no fine filter installed.
Always welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hairy,

Yes, I checked the bottom first thing. It says AutoBiPAP.  I have my mask on now and it’s working as it should. Also had my settings right.
I didn’t get a CPAP by mistake, they got it right the first time.

I registered my machine fairly early, maybe three days after they started taking registrations.

I’ll see what OSCAR thinks about this tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone else on the FB Recall group reported receiving a DS1 AutoBiPAP machine today with a date of 8/20/21...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 09:59 PM)chasmm Wrote: Someone else on the FB Recall group reported receiving a DS1 AutoBiPAP machine today with a date of 8/20/21...

I wonder if that's an actual manufacture date (meaning it's new) or are they just using the date it was "remanufactured."
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the dreamstation bipap the same hardware but just different software than the APAP like ResMed does it? Or are they different?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2021, 11:22 PM)cathyf Wrote: Is the dreamstation bipap the same hardware but just different software than the APAP like ResMed does it? Or are they different?

From clintber's post above:

"The BiPAPs look identical to the CPAPs."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,970 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,221 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 579 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,372 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.