Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Latest update:

On 10/19/2021, Philips is focusing on replacing the affected DreamStation with the new DreamStation 2, which Philips has in stock. Many of our patients received the replacements already. We believe the units used with ozone had a higher priority in the process. The repair has not started.

On 9/27/2021, Philips confirmed they are still waiting for FDA clearance, probably a 510(k) approval, on the new design. The approval at the beginning of this month was for the new foam design, but in order to service the impacted units, it seems FDA needs a holistic review and approval process (we don't have details). No old units are being re-managed or re-manufactured now (due to legal reasons, the process cannot be called "repaired"). Some patients are getting new DreamStation 2 replacement machines but they are only a small portion of the entire community. How lucky they are!

Note: This came off a large DME's website, so I cannot post the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know the Bipap AutoSV has a different blower (much larger and capable of 30 cm pressure) from the DS Auto CPAP.  The exteriors look the same except the AutoSV front panel is black.

Has anyone who received a replacement DS1 of any version gone into the clinical menu info screen and displayed the machine hours?
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I had checked that before using. I don't know where it was when I received it. My "new" BiPAP shows 28 machine hours and the same blower hours. I doubt I used it that much in two days!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 08:52 AM)clintber Wrote: I wish I had checked that before using. I don't know where it was when I received it. My "new" BiPAP shows 28 machine hours and the same blower hours. I doubt I used it that much in two days!

I think you got a new machine, however since you can't look at the Oscar data to see the usage and settings, I guess we'll never know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And you’re a “moderator”?
Post Reply Post Reply
Clintber, if you have the Dreamstation 1 you can read the data. The Dreamstation 2 encrypts data. Dreamstation 1 unis have been recalled due to a foam that can break down and pose health hazards. If you are using a DS1, then look at the detailed data. All hours should be accounted for. If you see sessions that are not your own, then the machine was tested or used as a demo, assuming that use was not deleted. Since machine and user hours are equal, you should see everything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see no sessions that were not mine. Would these sessions appear even though there was no SD card in the machine when I got it?  All I got was the machine, no sd, no power, no humidifier, no fine filter.  While there are no sessions from days when I wasn’t in possesion of the machine there is about a 0.2 hr difference between the machine hours and the total time shown for all the seesions in Oscar over the past two days.

So I guess it had 0.2 hours machine time when I got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Your FACEBOOK report for today <smile>
Someone reported receiving a replacement Trilogy BiPAP. I had not heard of this device before, but evidently, it's quite expensive as it is a ventilator. They believe that their replacement is refurbished, but are not certain.

[Image: trilogy100front__29312__51963.1545967526.jpg?c=2]
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Facebook Cpap Reviews Forum

This has also has been posted on this thread before, and the recommendations were to keep your recalled machine.

Pros:
 Do not return your recalled DS1, it could be evidence in future litigation 

Con's:
 Keeping it reduces the supply for others. It will have no bearing on any sort of court case as the problems with the machines are well known. Your registration for the recall proves you had the machine.

I do not pretend to know the answer to this. I think everyone will have to make their own decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Facebook update for 10/27/21
Since my post yesterday, I've seen 3 new posts on the FB Recall/Other groups about receiving a replacement BiPAP machine from Philips. 2 of them stated they were DS1s, the other did not.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.