Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
It's more than a little discouraging that Philips doesn't realise that people don't have access to OSCAR's information 'by default'. The people who use OSCAR use it because they want more information, and are willing to take the time to learn how to use that information
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am certain, Philips has heard complaints from physicians and suppliers that patients are accessing their data and the clinical settings and making their job harder by self-diagnosing and not following directions, orders or prescriptions.  Since Philips does not recognize the end-user as its customer, they are being responsive to the people it cultivates as customers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Cleaners

It looks like DME's have finally gotten the message, and are pushing a new product. I received this in an e-mail from mine.

LiViliti PAPTIZER UVC LED Smart CPAP Sanitizer

Ozone Free and Mercury Free

The LiViliti Paptizer Smart CPAP Sanitizer uses no harmful chemicals such as ozone or mercury which can be found in some CPAP cleaners.

No ozone No mercury No Voided Warranties

I guess they haven't figured out that everyone that has gone through the past eight months won't touch anything but mild detergent and water for cleaning their equipment. How easily they have distanced themselves from the very products they were selling.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what I'm going to do with the new Dreamstation I received 2 days ago.

It looks like I will use it for a backup, since I paid out of pocket for my Aircurve Vauto last July when the recall hit.
I had 9500 hours on my old Dreamstation, and was trying to get over 10000 hrs when my 5 year period hits in Jan. 2022.

But, alas, the recall hit, and I was floored, I had a chest x-ray done, and swore I would not use a Philips again.

Question: Do the compliance rules apply to the new, smaller Dreamstation? Can they come and get it if I don't use it enough?
How does that work? What will happen when my 5-yr period ends? (probably nothing)

When the recall hit, I was not able to get a single DME to issue me a Resmed, and I was determined to get one anyway.
My feeling now is that --- to heck with DMEs. I am going to be my own therapist, buy my own supplies, and never depend on them anymore.
PAP Mode: VPAP-S
EPAP 8.4 IPAP 10.6 
ave AHI = .5 (so far)
Post Reply Post Reply
A number of the recent posts have discussed data encryption on the new DreamStation 2 machines. 

Last month I asked very nicely the Respiratory Therapist at my DME for a month's worth of my sleep data, I told her I had adjusted the max pressure and wanted to see the results. In a PDF she sent exactly the info I was looking for, the same info that my doctor would see.

This obviously is not the long-term solution we all want. It might work for you or might not depending on the therapist you have to deal with. 

It can't hurt to try for yourselves.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea! If all DreamStation 2 users would request their complete sleep data from their DME and/or doctor, maybe they would make it easy on themselves and make the data available via download to OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 09:13 AM)btreger Wrote: CPAP Cleaners

It looks like DME's have finally gotten the message, and are pushing a new product. I received this in an e-mail from mine.

LiViliti PAPTIZER UVC LED Smart CPAP Sanitizer

This product uses UV-C spectrum light as a sanitizer, and still boosts profit margins for suppliers.  It is not a cleaning method recommended by manufacturers, and if you would like to discuss UV degradation of most plastics, let's start a new thread.  This device only sanitizes clean surfaces where the light can penetrate for sufficient time and intensity to sanitize. That means it cannot be used inside of a machine, and is  not much use for tubing. So this sanitizes masks and humidifiers and is completely unnecessary.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 12:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This product uses UV-C spectrum light as a sanitizer, and still boosts profit margins for suppliers.  It is not a cleaning method recommended by manufacturers, and if you would like to discuss UV degradation of most plastics, let's start a new thread.  This device only sanitizes clean surfaces where the light can penetrate for sufficient time and intensity to sanitize. That means it cannot be used inside of a machine, and is  not much use for tubing. So this sanitizes masks and humidifiers and is completely unnecessary.

I think you missed the point of the post which was this;

I guess they haven't figured out that everyone that has gone through the past eight months won't touch anything but mild detergent and water for cleaning their equipment. How easily they have distanced themselves from the very products they were selling.

I don't care what kind of crap they are trying to sell, no one with any knowledge of the known problems would be interested.
Post Reply Post Reply
YES...
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder how many of us have received a replacement for a System One Bipap ?  I actualy
wasn't using it when the recall was announced because it was showing error messages and
sometimes just wouldn't start at all. So I wonder if they have started to replace these or are
only going to replace the bad foam ?  In my case if I just sent it in for new foam wonder if  they
would fix it's other issues while they had it or just send it back still broken ?   Oh I don't really 
need it but it would be nice to have it fixed for possible use as a backup machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,202 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 119 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,445 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,083 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,235 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 764 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 859 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.