Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
3G networks are shutting down in 2022

All three major cellphone carriers are retiring their 3G networks to make room for faster 5G speeds.

When will 3G networks shut down?

The shutdown will start in January 2022 and continue throughout the year. Right now, the carriers are proceeding as if these dates are a sure thing, but the Federal Communications Commission recently heard comments from people concerned about the shutdown, which could lead to dates being pushed back.

Here’s when each carrier expects to finish shutting down its 3G network. 

Sprint 3G: Jan. 1, 2022
AT&T 3G: Feb. 2022
Sprint LTE: June 30, 2022
T-Mobile 3G: July 1, 2022
Verizon 3G: Dec. 31, 2022

https://www.allconnect.com/blog/3g-netwo...wn-in-2022

Does anyone know for sure, please do not guess, what network speed is used by both Philips and Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the (North American) ResMed AirSense and AirCurve 10 series, the FCC ID ends with the carrier band in use: CD for CDMA (already dead), or G3 or G4 for G3 and G4 respectively.

The FCC ID can be found on North American machines on a plate on the back of the machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2021, 02:20 PM)pholynyk Wrote: On the (North American) ResMed AirSense and AirCurve 10 series, the FCC ID ends with the carrier band in use: CD for CDMA (already dead), or G3 or G4 for G3 and G4 respectively.

The FCC ID can be found on North American machines on a plate on the back of the machine.

Sorry, I think you already had answered this question. I have an AirSense 10 that was manufactured in Australia. There is no network info on the plate label. I heard or read that the new AirSense 11 will be able to download software updates, if true this could pose a big issue, depending on the network hardware in the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine was made for the North American market, whether in Australia or Singapore, it must have an FCC ID, as well as an IC (Industry Canada) number, which also contains the modem code.

If it wasn't made for North America and doesn't have an FCC or IC ID, it's probably illegal to sell it in NA, and the radio may or may not (probably not) connect to any North American cellular network. Not that MyAIr is all that useful, anyway.

I'm not sure the AirSense 11 is available outside the USA market, unfortunately, so I'm not sure how other markets indicate the modem style.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
PHILIPS' LONG-TERM FAULTY FOAM KNOWLEDGE
(12-03-2021, 01:38 PM)btreger Wrote: "FDA Finds Maker of Recalled Sleep Aid Devices Knew Of Problems For Years. But Didn't Act"

A Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigation alleges that for years, the Philips Respironics company knew of health risks associated with its sleep aid devices but did not immediately act.
https://www.nbcchicago.com/consumer/fda-...t/2698459/

Incredible, but the news probably isn't overly surprising to most who have been following the Philips Recall history.  That should make the class-action lawsuit more interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2021, 03:12 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If your machine was made for the North American market, whether in Australia or Singapore, it must have an FCC ID, as well as an IC (Industry Canada) number, which also contains the modem code.

FYI

Nothing on the label, but there is modem information in the settings menu. The last item is "about". This gives you a sub-menu with information about software, serial numbers, and more. Under the internal modem, it said the type is CDMA, the provider was blank. So it will be toast sometime next year.

I found this how-to on the Apneaboard posted in 2020.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2021, 04:09 PM)btreger Wrote: Under the internal modem, it said the type is CDMA, the provider was blank. So it will be toast sometime next year.

My AS10 says AT&T 3G, and the ID info says AIR103G. I've seen mention of a AIR104G wich I guess would be LTE.
Not worried about it though as I planned to disconnect the modem anyway.

I expect the DS and DS2 have a similar option in the menus. I suspect most DS machines are 3G given it's age. The DS2 it most likely LTE. 

I did see some posts mentioning swapping modems to the replacement machines. I think those were DSs but may have included the DS2s.
I would hope not though given how much the DS2 needs connectivity (options only in the Care tool not on the physical machine).
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips Class Action Law Suit

Do you want to listen in to the first court date Philips has in the U.S.?

Here is how…

Wednesday, 12/15/2021 @ 2 PM Eastern

888-363-4749; passcode 1490596
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2021, 10:11 AM)ST Dog Wrote: I expect the DS and DS2 have a similar option in the menus. I suspect most DS machines are 3G given it's age. The DS2 it most likely LTE. 

Trying not to drag network concerns on any longer. For those interested in this stuff, this website I think can answer most of your questions.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/cdma-vs-gsm-w...difference
Post Reply Post Reply
LIVE CLASS ACTION
(12-05-2021, 10:26 AM)btreger Wrote: Philips Class Action Law Suit
Do you want to listen in to the first court date Philips has in the U.S.?

That's great.  I'll probably listen to it as background noise as I imagine the beginning will be all about legal procedural motions.  I have no idea how these class actions start up.  If it were like a criminal trial where each side's lawyer were to give their best summary, I would be glued to every word - but I don't think this will be like that.  I wish there was a live video feed.  It would be so great if a medical news site were to report daily/weekly periodic summaries.  It might be up to us all to broadcast key items to the various media outlets and see if they pickup the periodic revelations.  I imagine they'll quickly be going into an extended Christmas break.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 32 3 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 984 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 134 20,456 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,311 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 98 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,470 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.