Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
If you ARE a DS2 user and want access to our initial test versions of OSCAR PM me.

We have released our first alpha test release of OSCAR for the DS2. No PM, no Access.

Only DS2 users please.
Post Reply Post Reply
In regards to SuperSleeper's last evening post:

Order processing

"To make sure patients with the greatest needs receive a replacement device as timely as possible, we will be prioritizing remediation efforts around certain patients as requested by the Food & Drug Administration.  For US patients whose remediation is directly managed by Philips, data collected throughout the patient registration process will be used to help to prioritize remediation of those patients at higher risk. In addition to this prioritization, the shipment of replacement devices happens as inventory is available, and Philips collects the information needed to transfer existing therapy settings to the replacement unit".

The text I underlined does not represent in any way the information I had to provide when I registered my device. The basic information I was asked to provide was my name, e-mail, and the serial number of my device. There was nothing provided that could be used to determine high or low risk. 

So I guess there could be two reasons for that particular wording; 1. Their lawyers wanted that included, or 2. They are using collected daily usage results and doing comparisons with others.

I am sure there are many other explanations but like so many previous PR releases you still would need that special decoder ring for it to make any real sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
btreger.....

"The text I underlined does not represent in any way the information I had to provide when I registered my device. The basic information I was asked to provide was my name, e-mail, and the serial number of my device. There was nothing provided that could be used to determine high or low risk."

Did you have the checkbox in your registration, "Has Ozone or Activated Oxygen been used to sterilize this device?". If you checked it off as 'Yes', you would be considered higher risk due to accelerated breakdown of the foam and the increased health risk it presents. A choice of Yes or No for that checkbox was required to complete the registration, so I suspect you provided the necessary information to determine high or low risk  Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2022, 01:37 PM)StratCat48 Wrote: btreger.....

A choice of Yes or No for that checkbox was required to complete the registration, so I suspect you provided the necessary information to determine high or low risk  Smile.

I honestly do not recall that question, but as you say it was required to complete your registration, then I would have answered no. This brings up another question. I think I am safe to assume SupperSleeper did not use an ozone cleaner. So we are back to why he is the only one to report receiving this specific e-mail?

You would have to think there are more users of recalled devices that should have received that same e-mail...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2022, 03:44 PM)btreger Wrote: You would have to think there are more users of recalled devices that should have received that same e-mail...

This still does not answer his original question, what do we think this e-mail really means?
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a replacement DS2 back in Oct 21. I would presume those that have received replacement units likely wouldn't get the email(?)

Had you printed or taken a screenshot of your completed registration?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2022, 04:10 PM)btreger Wrote: This still does not answer his original question, what do we think this e-mail really means?

I have received feedback from some Facebook users that they received the same e-mail. So I guess we all will eventually be receiving it. What it actually means, is you still will need that decoder ring...
Post Reply Post Reply
I do remember having to answer the question about whether or not an ozone cleaner was used.  I, of course, clicked "no" on that.  There were no other questions regarding much other than contact info and device serial number.  Certainly no other "data"-related questions that I remember.

The letter that was recently received was actually for my dad's machine to his email address (since we registered both his machine and my own).  I did not receive the email myself for my machine's registration - at least not yet - the email above was sent to my dad.

The difference?  My machine was a DreamStation, and my dad's was the older 60-series System One REMstar Auto, both of which were on the recall list.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a System One Series 60 REMstar Auto, registered last June and have received a bunch of other update emails from Philips but not this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did notice this statement in the email:

Quote:...the shipment of replacement devices happens as inventory is available, and Philips collects the information needed to transfer existing therapy settings to the replacement unit".

Thing is, they never asked for any "existing therapy settings" from me during registration.  So I'm wondering how exactly are they going to accomplish the transfer of settings if those settings are not known by Philips?

Is this some sort of attempt to delay shipping a replacement, since "they are waiting for a DME or another party to send them your therapy settings"?  I surely hope not.
Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,963 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 572 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 817 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,370 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.