Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(06-21-2021, 02:19 PM)buddy0329 Wrote: [*]Philips will be prioritizing situations where the clinical need is "most acute".  How will they determine how acute each patient's situation is?  I wanted to ask, but knew the representative likely had no idea.
[*]Philips would be reimbursing $$$ to patients who had to purchase replacement units; this was was very clearly being read off of a reference document and/or screen to me.  This seemed like a pretty big deal.  When I asked for official references on the Philips website I was put back into the call queue.  Take this for what it's worth.

Thank you for taking one for the team!

My guess is that repairs will prioritize continuous ventilators (ASV, AVAPS, S/T), which can't be replaced by the DS2.

After that, probably BiPAP (non-continuous), since there's also no DS2 replacement.

And for the rest, they'll probably subsidize as many DS2 replacements as they can, as a manufacturing line will probably be significantly faster than manual repairs of a few million devices. (It may even be cheaper for them than repair.)

The silver lining for Philips is that the rapid shift to DS2 will push more clinicians to their newer Care Orchestrator product and away from EncoreAnywhere. And of course the shorter warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
So it seems that starship captains are a poor resource for ancient medical equipment and their interaction with ozone cleaners
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m still confused on how this is supposed to work out. I did register my dream station that is only 3 years old. I called my DME this morning and they said I have to do every thing threw Phillips. But that where I’m confused. If Phillips dose replace it who programs it and sets it up so my Dr has access to my logs. Granted I do know how to program the prescription if it a repaired Dreamstation. Will be talking to my Dr wendsday threw a web conference for advice. The DME told me they got the filters to put on the hose if I want for $2 till I get things sorted out. Turned out the lady I spoke with both at the DME and my Dr receptionist are in same boat as me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice. For $2 we your caring DME's going to profit off this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 03:32 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 02:19 PM)buddy0329 Wrote: [*]Philips will be prioritizing situations where the clinical need is "most acute".  How will they determine how acute each patient's situation is?  I wanted to ask, but knew the representative likely had no idea.
[*]Philips would be reimbursing $$$ to patients who had to purchase replacement units; this was was very clearly being read off of a reference document and/or screen to me.  This seemed like a pretty big deal.  When I asked for official references on the Philips website I was put back into the call queue.  Take this for what it's worth.
[*]

Thank you for taking one for the team!

My guess is that repairs will prioritize continuous ventilators (ASV, AVAPS, S/T), which can't be replaced by the DS2.

After that, probably BiPAP (non-continuous), since there's also no DS2 replacement.

And for the rest, they'll probably subsidize as many DS2 replacements as they can, as a manufacturing line will probably be significantly faster than manual repairs of a few million devices. (It may even be cheaper for them than repair.)

The silver lining for Philips is that the rapid shift to DS2 will push more clinicians to their newer Care Orchestrator product and away from EncoreAnywhere. And of course the shorter warranty.
[*]

Good points on the machines that the Dreamstation 2 would not be able to replace.  Could potentially explain how de-contented / cheap the DS2 appears to be based on some early reviews.

Under your supposition I wonder if the DSG gets repaired or replaced.  The DS2 is arguably a larger scale design of the DSG and Philips marketing placed an unusual amount of attention on the DS2's smaller size, weight, and portability versus DS1.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went on to the registration website about 4 days ago and input the serial number to my PR System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced unit. It gave me a confirmation number. Today, I went and saw my Pulmonologist/Sleep Doctor. I said I guess you know about the recall. She said yes -- and she said the DME that I got the ASV unit from has me scheduled for a replacement DS2 in September. And they're giving priority to people that have been using So Clean, which isn't me. I'm not holding my breath. I think this action was started by the DME, which only sellls PR products. Luckily, I have my ResMed Aircurve 10 to use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 04:02 PM)I’m SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Nice. For $2 we your caring DME's going to profit off this.

I will say that way cheaper than what I could find online. So I’m not arguing over that. I was due to talk to my Dr in a few more weeks but they went ahead and bumped me up in line to discuss if he feels it safe for me to contend use by using the filter till my system either gets fixed or replaced. I really don’t want to go with out the CPAP I feel like poo if I sleep with out it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone received a confirmation # via email when registering their equipment with Philips?

The hospital where my wife works at advised employees today to put a bacterial filter on the hose.

Maybe I'll just start using the shop vac. Geez what a mess.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 04:55 PM)Waynetc Wrote: Has anyone received a confirmation # via email when registering their equipment with Philips?

The hospital where my wife works at advised employees today to put a bacterial filter on the hose.

Maybe I'll just start using the shop vac.  Geez what a mess.

Confirmation #s were posted on screen briefly but timed out after a few minutes.  I know I and at several others took screenshots of our confirmation #s.

I called PR earlier this afternoon and inquired as to why confirmation emails were not sent out.  The PR rep indicated that they intended to send out emails but were behind because they wanted to get more information ready befor doing so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - never saw a confirmation number flash... perhaps due to using firefox.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,074 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.