Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I just checked my three recalled machines on the portal. The System One and DS1 each have an order number (new since yesterday) but no shipping date info. So that is progress.

Interestingly, the page with the order numbers has a link that leads to a 404 page not found. 

For more information and continued updates, please visit [color=rgb(var(--color_18))]Philips.com/src- update[/color]

The link works if you remove the "space" between src- and update. The page you get to is.

The DSGo still says I'll get one when my DME has them...since my DME in this case was an online seller...I'll be waiting a while.

All 3 machines were registered the day the registration opened - June 17, 2021
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2023, 03:22 PM)chasmm Wrote: I just checked my three recalled machines on the portal. The System One and DS1 each have an order number (new since yesterday) but no shipping date info. So that is progress.

And as of this morning, there is an expected ship date of 4/27/23 for the System One and Dreamstation 1 replacements...

Of course that date is subject to change due to "the volume of orders and supply constraints" as per Philips
Post Reply Post Reply
STILL WAITING
(01-29-2023, 03:22 PM)chasmm Wrote: The DSGo still says I'll get one when my DME has them...since my DME in this case was an online seller...I'll be waiting a while.
All 3 machines were registered the day the registration opened - June 17, 2021

My two Recalled devices were also purchased online from different resellers.  Perhaps it's another reason why I'll be waiting perhaps 2 years to receive my replacements, if I ever receive them at all.  

I'm perplexed why the FDA didn't force Philips to provide the option for owners to simply return their faulty devices for refurbishment or replacement.  Philips would provide free shipping return labels, replace their foam, clean & update their machine, and return their device - or keep a bank of refurbished replacements to cross ship.  No prescription would be required.  No indepth personal details and patient histories required.  No medical doctor details required.  No updated prescription visits to a doctor required.  Etc.  

Philips benefited greatly by mostly forcing patients to go through their authorized Philips reseller channel.  Philips also benefited by the strict prescription requirements required for CPAP devices.  The FDA should have considered exceptions for existing owners device replacements.  After all, these aren't new prescribed medical devices; they're updates or replacements.  

The entire process strongly favored Philips at the expense of the health of Philips medical device owners.  Now Philips and its 2-3 contracted third-party organizations that are involved in the Recall are maintaining our sensitive personal details.  

As far as medical product recalls go, this has to be one of the worst efforts.  The FDA bought into all Philips' excuses as they arrived, with minimal pressure, and reacted to Philips' misdeeds many months after the fact.  I'm not sure what the FDA feared in not being stronger with Philips.  Philips wouldn't jeopardize its billions of future multimillion dollar hospital medical system sales by ignoring or denying the FDA's orders.

Notwithstanding the class action lawsuits, Philips should face significant fines for its misdeeds, and an investigation should be launched to consider criminal charges to one or more of its executive managers.  Instead, the Philips CEO retired while being rewarded with significant corporate bonuses for his efforts.  Division managers that were directly involved with ignoring and suppressing faulty foam warnings and complaints took early retirement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hot off the presses...  DreamST AutoSV  Model DSX900S11F  arrived today.  Only took since Aug 2021.  Sent directly from Phillips.

Looks new... now need to get the clinicians manual, etc.

I have two machines in the DME black hole, but one down!

Located in Texas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to see the advanced BiPAPs are now getting distributed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: STILL WAITING
(01-30-2023, 01:01 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: My two Recalled devices were also purchased online from different resellers.  Perhaps it's another reason why I'll be waiting perhaps 2 years to receive my replacements, if I ever receive them at all.  

Two of my three recalled machines (DS1 and DSGo) were purchased online from different resellers. The System One (my first machine) was from a local DME many years ago. 

So it appears that my local-DME machine and one online-DME/Reseller will be replaced first.

I'm in agreement about the complete ineptitude of the recall. It likely will be a case study on how NOT to conduct a product recall/replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Portal updated today for my System One replacement that I registered on 8-30-2021. Estimated ship date of the replacement is 3-13-2023.

I personally feel that Philips has been very deceptive especially when dealing with System One owners. I was offered $25 to settle instead of seeking a replacement which they knew they were obligated to do.  Also, I view the prescription ordeal that I was put through as another attempt to dissuade me from continuing to pursue a replacement device. The whole experience doesn't seem very ethical especially for an essential medical device.

My System One was my travel machine so I am looking forward to getting the replacement and bringing this long ordeal to an end.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2023, 12:43 PM)chasmm Wrote: And as of this morning, there is an expected ship date of 4/27/23 for the System One and Dreamstation 1 replacements...

Of course that date is subject to change due to "the volume of orders and supply constraints" as per Philips

And this morning I checked FedEx Delivery Manager and, lo and behold, there is a 2.9 lb box heading my way. Or it would be if Philips had updated my address - like they said they would - when I called them after I moved.

The Portal still says a ship date of 4/27/23 for both the DS1 and System One. I'm assuming (I know, I know) that the box being shipped is a DS1 base unit since Philips would have to know (I know, I know) that I need a full replacement for the System One, and not just a DS1 minus the humidifier.

The FedEx status is "Label Created" so they physically don't have it yet. A previous neighbor that works at FedEx says they can't do anything with the destination until it's in their hands, and that I "should" be able to change the destination online through FedEx Delivery Manager. Holding my breath on that one.

I called Philips and they said there isn't anything they can do even though the box is still at the PA Philips facility. But...they did finally change the address THIS TIME.

This is so frustrating...and if I didn't have a non-recalled CPAP that I could use I would be losing my mind. 

SERENITY NOW!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2023, 10:17 PM)GPAP Wrote:  Estimated ship date of the replacement is 3-13-2023.

If you don't have the FedEx app on your phone, or an account on the web, I'd set one up. 

In my case the estimated ship date for 2 of my replacements is 4/27/23. However, one of them is shipping today, but the portal STILL says 4/27, and I've gotten no notification from Philips that it's shipping today.

If I didn't have the FedEx app/account, I wouldn't have know.

...it's going to the wrong address...but that's another issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2023, 01:49 PM)chasmm Wrote: But...they did finally change the address THIS TIME.
Well, of course I spoke too soon. At 2:15pm EST today, a second shipment appeared in the FedEx system. That box is ALSO going to my old address even though 2 different Philips reps told me this morning that my address had been changed.
Oh well, I'm hoping that I can intervene through FedEx to get both boxes to my current address.
One box weighs 2.9 lbs and the other is 5.4 lbs, so it looks like a DS1 without a humidifier and either a full DS1 or a DS2. I'm not sure what the weight difference is between a full DS1 and a DS2...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,818 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.