Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I wonder if the foam degradation particle problem is only a problem for those that have used Ozone cleaners? Would those that have not used ozone cleaners be OK- in the short term- until the DME receives guidance on how to handle this? Somehow, I doubt any DreamStation 1 unit with moderate to considerable hours of motor usage will be repaired. That would not make any sense. Respironics will likely just offer some discount through the DME network for a new DreamStation-2 unit without initiating an expensive and logistically difficult repair process.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 07:21 AM)koala1 Wrote: Just by the way, where could I buy new machine without prescription and get it shipped abroad?

Supplier #2. Great record of sending machines all over the world, reasonable prices and prescriptions mostly optional except for advanced machines like ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I updated the first post of this thread with a link to the Recall Notice that contains information on registering devices for the recall: Philips Respironics Dreamstation Recall Notice
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 08:20 AM)Bobaloo Wrote: I wonder if the foam degradation particle problem is only a problem for those that have used Ozone cleaners? Would those that have not used ozone cleaners be OK- in the short term- until the DME receives guidance on how to handle this? Somehow, I doubt any DreamStation 1 unit with moderate to considerable hours of motor usage will be repaired. That would not make any sense. Respironics will likely just offer some discount through the DME network for a new DreamStation-2 unit without initiating an expensive and logistically difficult repair process.
I just formally registered my machine on the Philips site. My doctor sold me the machine, and he is under obligation to report the distribution sales he made to his patients to Philips as well. My machine was verified with a serial number input wizard as one of the machines affected. From there I formally registered the machine. I am not looking for a replacement or a repair. My health is actually important. There will be months or years of litigation. If I trusted them, which I don’t, I certainly wouldn’t wait for them hash out legalities while I’m without therapy to send me a discount on a crummy DS2 for heavens sake. Trust is gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Tom for the registration site …
All done. Yep it was flagged.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're Welcome, Rice95.
Dammit, Jim - I'm an engineer, not a doctor!!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been mentioned before that Airsense 10 does NOT have foam in the air duct. But I wonder what material this ring is made of?

[Image: fvc5Lw2.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 10:34 AM)Lazer1234 Wrote: It has been mentioned before that Airsense 10 does NOT have foam in the air duct. But I wonder what material this ring is made of?

[Image: fvc5Lw2.png]

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where is that picture from?? What model it it??

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, on the upside, tens of thousands have used the airsense with no mention, at least here, of health issues...(I hope....). OR?...

On the other hand, did anyone here flag the PR model for adverse effects?

By the way, I use an ozone cleaner, Respify, but only for my tube, mask and hose. That all goes in a bag. Machine is left out.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is an image from this video with AirSense 10 For Her

GrantsReviews
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,852 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,082 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,217 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.