Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I just went to the Phillips site and carefully input my Dreamstation AutoCPAP serial number. 

(Link missing - I am new so they won't let me post the Phillips link)

In fact I did it twice to be sure I had it right.

It says my unit is not affected but I thought they all were.

I bought mine from TheCPAPShop in October last year so it is fairly new. 

FYI I have never used an O3 cleaner - they sounded like a bad idea (I am retired medical).

So either the Phillips website is wrong and mine is affected or they are right and it is not. If the latter, it makes one wonder if they have known about the issue since well before I bought mine in 2020 and had already changed out the foam for something better.

Does anyone have more information on whether all Dreamstation AutoCPAP are affected or just some? If that information  has been on this thread, I cannot find it.  Thinking-about

Fortunately, I have an older but still quite functional S9 so so have gone back to that for now until this is sorted out.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
There are 2 serial
numbers on the bottom of you machine. Make sure to enter the right one. I bought mine 4 months ago and it’s flagged
Post Reply Post Reply
Ack, now I feel dumb!  I was reading the SN from the humidifier. I should pay attention.  Mine is affected and now registered.

At this point I have lost faith in Phillips and may just go buy an S10 (I tried one before but it was actually nosier than my S9).
Post Reply Post Reply
OK here we go with three pictures to show the improvements I have made with my Phillips Dreamstation 3 pictures at a time.

I figured out in hindsight that I needed to do a larger better taping job on the opening I made so I could extract the Blanky blank foam from the sealed housings.

Here we go:

[attachment=32978]
Post Reply Post Reply
I see lawsuits arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earth quakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today.
Ozone cleaner machine makers
gonna get squashed like a bug.

I for one am not terribly worried about this. I never used an ozone machine to clean as I know better than to casually mix ozone and plastics. Did the ozone cleaner companies tell you how ozone degrades plastics?

I wash the hose with hot water and  7th generation dish soap and the nose seal (wisp) with hydrogen peroxide.

On the galactic scale of things to worry about to me this hardly registers. Do you drive a car? Ever wonder where that gunk that films the inside of the windshield comes from? Plasticizers I read. Anyone stop riding in cars because of it? Fluoride in drinking water? Estrogenic chemicals in plastic bottles?

My 2 cents.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Part two:

Last couple now:

When I fist did this I was thinking I would only have to wait a short time to get a new housing, (or a new ResMed machine...)as the next couple of days pasted I learned HOW big this mess is and that I cannot buy a ResMed as they have foam in their system as well, to I opened them up again and added more tape to be more sure it will hold longer.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=32987]
(06-17-2021, 04:39 PM)PAPAstro Wrote: Ack, now I feel dumb!  I was reading the SN from the humidifier. I should pay attention.  Mine is affected and now registered.

At this point I have lost faith in Phillips and may just go buy an S10 (I tried one before but it was actually nosier than my S9).

I was doing that until I saw this: [attachment=32987]

I canceled my order and reworked my modification to my Phillips.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier is down stream of the blower so I wouldn't imagine humidity setting would matter.

I would be more worried if I lived without A/C in an area with poor air quality.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recall of Philips CPAPs
(06-14-2021, 11:03 PM)brianc18t Wrote: Well pulling the foam out doesn't look easy!  Check out this Youtube video where a guy replaced the blower motor: about 5 min into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPX-SDSUW7E

Looks like you would need replacement parts.

Well, I figure I didn't use ozone, I don't use it in a high humidity setting (I use AC in my house), my unit is never hot/never above about 80 degrees, and the humidifier is after the foam (as far as airflow is concerned) so it seems like I would be low risk and running the humidifer should have no impact on the foam degrading.

I feel for the folks that used ozone!  Most of them are probably high level germaphobes and adding the stress of possibly breaking in carcinogens and little pieces of foam will be extra stressful to them. : (

The humidifier is down stream of the blower so I wouldn't imagine humidity setting would matter.

I would be more worried if I lived without A/C in an area with poor air quality.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 04:59 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I see lawsuits arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earth quakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today.
Ozone cleaner machine makers
gonna get squashed like a bug.

I for one am not terribly worried about this. I never used an ozone machine to clean as I know better than to casually mix ozone and plastics. Did the ozone cleaner companies tell you how ozone degrades plastics?

I wash the hose with hot water and  7th generation dish soap and the nose seal (wisp) with hydrogen peroxide.

On the galactic scale of things to worry about to me this hardly registers. Do you drive a car? Ever wonder where that gunk that films the inside of the windshield comes from? Plasticizers I read. Anyone stop riding in cars because of it? Fluoride in drinking water? Estrogenic chemicals in plastic bottles?

My 2 cents.
I only replace my mask once a month.

Yes everything has a risk in it. None the less I think these can run without foam, MY Dreamstation ASV is running great for the past two nights with out any foam.

When in a car at least all cars made in the past 30 to 40 years all have a positive air flow systems, fresh air is fed into the car as you drive. So it is only a problem if you sleep in it.

Yes we are fools with plastic...it is believed the Roman Empire fell due to their dumb use of LEAD: lead plates, lead forks , cups and even used as a flovering on the food, salt, pepper and Lead...

I fear we made be doing something as dumb with plastics, electromagnetic waves or some other thing we think is safe..

Oh there is a theory that the Lead in gasoline was leading to lower intelligence and cause more crime and that a the air is cleaned after the removing of lead in gas things are getting better.

So I do try to not allow any thing to harm my health IF I can help it.

I have been using CPAP for 8 years to try to save my behind, to learn that Phillips may have invalidated my efforts by allowing crappy form to harm me really frosted my cookies. Form that is not really NEEDED to boot.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,817 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.