Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I tried to purchase a new Resmed Autoset from one of the forum sponsors, but gave up after several days of back and forth with "we're sending you a machine" to "we're out". They finally tried to sell me a used machine for what I'd already paid for a factory sealed one. I declined the offer. I finally received a refund after three days.

I guess I'll just do surgery on the DS to remove the foam as I don't like dealing with unscrupulous companies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did anyone receive an email or any other confirmation via outreach from Philips after registering their device on the recall website? I received a pop-up window with a confirmation number, but that's all -  no email confirmation. Just making sure I didn't mess something up.
Post Reply Post Reply
videomagician - Apnea Board does not have corporate sponsors. This board is supported mainly by member donations and a slight smidgen from Google Ads, with the latter declining as time goes by.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 05:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: videomagician - Apnea Board does not have corporate sponsors.  This board is supported mainly by member donations and a slight smidgen from Google Ads, with the latter declining as time goes by.

hey if anybody makes Big Money from a legal settlement against PR, make sure you send a donation the Apnea Board way...

Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 05:43 PM)cathyf Wrote: hey if anybody makes Big Money from a legal settlement against PR, make sure you send a donation the Apnea Board way...

Yeah, we might actually have a donation by 2025.   Bigwink Too-funny 

I'd suggest if anyone wants to help out, don't wait for Philips to pay out first - you'll be waiting several years most likely.   Cool

Quote:<shameless-donation-plea>
Donate now if you can help to keep Apnea Board online, instead.   :Coffee:
</shameless-donation-plea>

Just sayin'... Grin    Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 05:34 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: videomagician - Apnea Board does not have corporate sponsors.  This board is supported mainly by member donations and a slight smidgen from Google Ads, with the latter declining as time goes by.

My wording was incorrect.

I should have said the Forum's "Supplier List" rather than Sponsor.

Pardon my gaffe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note on an update for my brother’s DS machine. He stuffed it on a shelf, called all his medical contacts and as we know , got absolutely nowhere. So he bit the bullet, bent over the trash can and ordered a new Resmed airsense 10 yesterday morning from CPAPdirect, for 779.00….It shipped today free with a Ups track #. Promise time kept. All ordered online with a Rx supplied by his sleep doc.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
You can post the name of the DME, no problem.  It's a link to their commercial website that you can't post.  Or if it's one of the DME suppliers listed on our Supplier List, you can simply refer to them as Supplier #X or whatever, and folks can look up the website address on that list.

The Supplier List is here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

That Supplier List link is also at the top of every forum page, in the dark horizontal bar area.

There are specific legal reasons as to why we don't allow most commercial links here.  Just be assured that we have solid reasons for this policy since  we've been threatened with a lawsuit, which is what brought about this policy.  (CPAP manufacturers generally don't like what we do here).  I know people won't likely understand the reasons why it's necessary, but we simply ask you to work around it in order to keep us out of legal entanglements.  This policy is what allows us to freely distribute copyrighted Clinician Manuals under "Fair Use" copyright law in a way that avoids more trouble with CPAP manufacturers, keeping focus on the "educational nature" of this website and forum,
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Done, post edited ….thx….
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 08:26 PM)Glen e Wrote: Done, post edited ….thx….

Yep, saw your edit-- that's one way to do it.   Coffee 

Kind of a pain, but you're helping us stay out of trouble, for which I'm personally grateful.  Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 132 20,295 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Olym19841988
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 2 49 57 minutes ago
Last Post: The Fox
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,223 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 124 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,450 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,095 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,239 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.