Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(06-30-2021, 12:18 PM)racprops Wrote: ALSO Check this video on the New White Foam in the New DreamstationII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxtA3y1ucQ  The foam is shown at 7.27 minutes in.

OMG.

Rich

I saw that video when it was uploaded and all I can say is how is this flaky foam any better?  It not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a kind of insane idea, Buy directly from China: aliexpress Commerical Link Removed

Do a search for BiPAP sleep machines and fine more.

Shame someone cannot get a few of these models and run a full performance test and see if they are good to go.

A certified person may be able to get a few samples for testing.

Rich

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2021, 12:18 PM)racprops Wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxtA3y1ucQ  

The foam is shown at 7.27 minutes in.

Excellent video regarding faulty old and new foam in the DreamStations.

It's unbelievable that Philips would mess with a cost savings of $1-2 in cheap foam all this time.  It has cost end-users dearly, in terms of money (early obsolesce of their recalled machine, immediate cost of a new machine), costs to end-user's health (ingesting cancer causing foam particles), psychological anxiety, etc.

Eventually, it's going to cost Philips significantly more financially.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know RIGHT??

This seems (Nasty words) insane. Even if that crap is 100% biodegradable and can/will not cause harm and it totally editable by us and will not cause any harm in our lungs (as far as science knows....) I still do not want to be the ginny pig testing it FOR THEM...

Sadly as I need an ASV I can only buy from the two companies.

Lastly, there is foam in the ResMed fan, here too I plan on removing it ASAP, I will run it for a week or two then remove it and see if there are any changes in my reports.

I now plan on keeping my current Phillips system as long as I can keep it running and am seeking to upgrade a ResMed AC 10 S BiPAP to ASV and stockpile parts again to try to keep both systems running as long as I can. I am 73, and I plan on living another 25 to 30 years so that will be a fight.

Because I see problems with both companie's future plans to control us.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Racprops ......Aliexpress, Alibaba.....started by Jack mah ...... taken over by the ccp ..... melamine in their milk ..... what's not to love

And if that's not enough, iirc, this supplier had a patent dispute with Resmed.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
So..as one Sea Captian has said "Any port in a storm..."

The other is buying unknown used machines from Marketplace, Craigs list and getting who knows what conductions machines....and how dirty they might be and even contaminated...

Even the good dealers are both costly and as I understand running low or out of stock.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding WakeUpTime

Nice job of researching, keep it up.

As far as firing a CEO, depending on how they were incorporated, The Board of Directors in most cases can fire a CEO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2021, 12:16 PM)racprops Wrote: WHAT??? "Some enterprising hackers figured out that -- at least for the ResMed machines -- all of the hardware necessary to run all the way up through the most sophisticated ASV is all there in every ResMed Airsense10 -- even in the single pressure CPAP.

From an engineering perspective, the least costly way to produce these machines is to have identical hardware. If there is some piece of the hardware that the ASV needs that the CPAP doesn't, but that piece of hardware costs four cents, then it would be insane to spend $20 million retooling your assembly line to leave out a 4-cent part. The hackers proving that the ASV software would run on a CPAP is strong evidence that if there is anything hardware-wise that the ASV needs special, then it is cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to leave it out on the non-ASV machines."

Can anyone show me where these hackers are I need an ASV, I have a BiPap ResMed 10 so other than replacing the Mainboard I am stuck.

FTI I have compared the Dreamstation's BiPAP and ASV Main Boards and there are a few more parts on the ASV board than the BiPAP board.

Rich

ASV board on left BiPAP on right, note red lines pointing to chips on one not the other.

The Project to "Jailbreak" ResMeds is known as Airbreak. It has not been active for about a year.

I won't link to it, but if you Google ResMed Airbreak, it should be a top hit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2021, 01:03 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: No response whatsoever from Philips, following a simple confirmation number.

Thanks for confirming that I didn't make some mistake with the registration process. I agree that Philips is really dropping the ball here.
Post Reply Post Reply
mrlumpy business plans may be different than ours.

Lawyers write the recall letter. But others in the company have to pay and control the costs. They have to control the costs, and live with the budget.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,853 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,083 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,217 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.