Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Quote:Question: My Dreamstation is model#: DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500. I use it with a heated tube and humidifier. Would the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset be a comparable machine.

IMHO it is not.  It is much better.  On paper it is the ResMed Equivelent, but it's algorithms and EPR implementation put it a class ahead os the Dreamstation Auto.  It is the choice you want
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 08:45 AM)MikeE3 Wrote: My Dreamstation is model#: DreamStation Auto CPAP DSX500. I use it with a heated tube and humidifier. Would the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset be a comparable machine

Yes, The DSX500 is what I used before.  I replaced mine with that exact Resmed one.  The tubes and mask all work perfectly with the new one. (Mine was non-heated, I can't say 100% for sure with the heated tubing)  You will likely need to change the tube setting on the Resmed to the normal size because mine was set at slimline when I got it.  Also, I had to adjust the pressures upwards on the Resmed because it seemed to blow less air with the same prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before you pay out of pocket, you may want to reach out to your doctor and Medicare to see if they will cover a new machine seeing as there is a product recall on a medical device. Doctor may be able to write it up and submit to Medicare so it will get approved.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note: Heated Tubes will not transfer between models and or brands. Only non-heated tubes will transfer,
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still waiting for the paperwork to go through to get my DreamStation replace with the ResMed. Just emailed my DME (again) asking if she got the referral from my doctor.
Concerning the class-action lawsuit(s), I'm not impressed and probably won't join in. I've been in a couple of them (one was for a 401K mess up by a Corporation) and in both cases all of us victims got less than $10. Almost all of the money for these things seem to go to the lawyers who spend a LOT of money marketing to the victims to get as much as possible...then take a large chunk for their costs. If I ever do get sick I'll get my own lawyer and sue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 09:08 AM)Gideon Wrote: ... it is the ResMed Equivelent, but it's algorithms and EPR implementation put it a class ahead os the Dreamstation Auto.

Gideon, while we are discussing equivalents, those of us using the PR DreamStation Auto BiPAP do not have a DreamStation 2 BiPAP machine to turn to. So, what is the ResMed Auto BiPAP equivalent? Is it the model you are using?
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirCurve 10 VAuto (model # 37211) is Resmed's auto bi-level CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is.
If you have other breathing issues, think COPD, etc., The ST Spontaneous with backup is a possibility, but not for straight OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note to post 585

I just purchased some supplies from a DME I had used before. The purchase went through and I received a confirmation email. Several hours later I received another email that said I needed a doctor's prescription before they could ship my purchase, or I could provide them my doctor's contact info and they would handle it. 

Before I had a chance to reply, I received another email, that said they had a copy of my doctor's prescription on file, and that my order was being shipped. So, with that being said, you may want to check with the DME you are using, and if you have summited a prescription previously they may accept that without having to get another one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2021, 10:52 AM)EngineerBoo Wrote: I'm still waiting for the paperwork to go through to get my DreamStation replace with the ResMed.  

Concerning the class-action lawsuit(s), I'm not impressed and probably won't join in.  

Many others are likely to react similarly.  For many who already got, or are getting, a free (or almost free) replacement (from their DME, insurance plan, etc.), they're not as interested in recovering any previous Philips device purchase costs or replacement device costs.  I wish I was in that category, but I'm not.  For me, it's all out-of-pocket costs.  I also avoided many class-action settlements in the past.  For <$100, it's not worth my time.  

A Philips class-action might have quite a different response for many:

- many paid $500-1,500 personally for their recalled defective Philips device, without much/any insurance coverage

- many have to immediately pay another $500-$1,500 for a replacement PAP system (likely not Philips)

- Philips has not yet taken any action toward providing a "fix", beyond a data survey registration

- Philips has not definitively stated who will get replacement foam, and who will get a replacement new device

- Philips has not stated if there will be DME setup or training fees for the replacement system

- Philips has knowingly be producing units with defective foam for many months, likely several years, and I support a strong response to that deliberate corporate neglect towards the health & safety of medically-dependent folks

- we don't know what the long-term impact will be on our health for the years that we've been using and inhaling defective foam particles, known to be cancer-causing (I've been using Philips recalled systems for 7 years) -- so I would appreciate a "monetary fund" for recalled device users who might LATER develop medical issues likely tied to their ingestion of those defective foam particles

For those reasons, and more, I demand that Philips compensate as many recalled PAP device users as possible, and as much as possible, for any personal out-of-pocket PAST and FUTURE economic costs, and future medical illnesses associated with the Philips' neglectful delay in responding to complaints of black foam particles, and Philips lack of immediate action for end-users.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,840 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.