Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Interestingly, it seems that 202106 is the starting number of the recalls reported here. Let's hope we all have 10 different numbers that follow that string.....  
Post Reply Post Reply
The first 8 digits is the date of registration  YYYYMMDD
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 12:16 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: The first 8 digits is the date of registration  YYYYMMDD

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 12:16 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: The first 8 digits is the date of registration  YYYYMMDD

My email from Philips did not have the DD part, just all zeros after YYYYMM.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 12:22 PM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: My email from Philips did not have the DD part, just all zeros after YYYYMM.

You should have received a 16 digit confirmation number when you registered your machine for the recall.

The first 8 digits should be the date of registration.  Now, due to times zones, etc, it could be one day off.

I'm not sure what portion of the confirmation number they are including on the update emails, as I have never seen one, but I would think they might want to protect the last 8 to 10 digits. That seems reasonable.

That all said, can someone please send me the outbound email address from this email?  I'm not finding anything in my Inbox or Spam filter.

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 12:31 PM)mrmagloo Wrote: That all said, can someone please send me the outbound email address from this email?  I'm not finding anything in my Inbox or Spam filter.

Mine came from Philips<globalintake-noreply@sedgwick.com>

Also, I have the complete confirmation number for my machine and it does, indeed, have the YYYYMMDD format. I was commenting on the Phillips email only showing YYYYMM and zeros.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
My email also just arrived from globalintake-noreply@sedgwick.com.
YYYYMM+0000000000. All zeroes in the email. Does not match my actual registration confirmation number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why are DS1 owners, especially those more recent purchases (or manufacturing dates) that are still under warranty, having any delay at all in receiving new DS2 replacements?

The foam on DS2 devices was already FDA approved and Philips has been manufacturing significant quantities of DS2 for quite some time.  I don't understand why there should be any delay in replacing those devices.  I would think they would be at the very top of the list and receiving their replacements within a few weeks.  One would think, of all the decisions, that would be the easiest one.  

The challenge though would be determining what subset of those recent DS1 purchases would get new replacement DS2 devices first - end-users, hospitals, agencies, registered SoClean users, regions, earliest registration dates, etc.  No doubt social media (and Philips phone lines) will be ablaze once significant deliveries of DS2 replacements occur.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2021, 01:00 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Why are DS1 owners, especially those more recent purchases (or manufacturing dates) that are still under warranty, having any delay at all in receiving new DS2 replacements?

The foam on DS2 devices was already FDA approved and Philips has been manufacturing significant quantities of DS2 for quite some time.  I don't understand why there should be any delay in replacing those devices.  I would think they would be at the very top of the list and receiving their replacements within a few weeks.  One would think, of all the decisions, that would be the easiest one.  

The challenge though would be determining what subset of those recent DS1 purchases would get new replacement DS2 devices first - end-users, hospitals, agencies, registered SoClean users, regions, earliest registration dates, etc.  No doubt social media (and Philips phone lines) will be ablaze once significant deliveries of DS2 replacements occur.

As mentioned much earlier, I agree 100%. Anything still within warranty should be given a straight exchange for the DS2.  If they can't replace with a same machine, they should be obliged to provide a new one, period.

I will also share that my vendor who is not on the 'List' had to send back 1,400+ machines from stock. I'm not sure how the finance is working, but these guys are feeling the pain in a big way.  He's gotten no more communication than we'd discussed here, with no ETA's or guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
NEWS UPDATES
"Recall Impacts Millions of Sleep Apnea Patients Worldwide"
NBC Chicago - August 18th
  • The FDA said it’s closely monitoring the actions of Philips, and if the company doesn’t act quickly, "enforcement action" could be taken, according to William Maisel, M.D., director of the FDA’s Office of Product Evaluation and Quality.  While the FDA said it is monitoring Philips’ response and actions to correct the problem, some users of the Philips machines say they aren’t convinced the company is doing everything in its power to notify the public about the recall.

• [One of the class-actions]  Three-quarters of the 1,600 Philips users signed onto the class-action lawsuit have "indicated some adverse health effects that range from minor side effects (headache, cough, airway irritation) to serious injuries (cancer, pulmonary fibrosis, COPD, etc.)."

• "It really kind of upset me that nobody called, and I don’t know how many other people are unaware of this too," Shawn said.
"A recall of nearly 2M breathing devices is leading to supply shortages amid Covid-19"
Advisory Board - August 19th
  • "Because the number of people coming into the hospital with severe respiratory symptoms has increased as a result of Covid-19, the demand for these devices has also increased, which is problematic since available supply has decreased as a result of the Philips recall."  

• "Given the shortages of materials to make these devices, such as resins and computer chip modules, and transportation bottlenecks, I expect that supply will continue to lag behind demand into 2022," Ryan said. "It is becoming a crisis."

• Mayo Clinic has contacted more than 4,500 patients and removed affected devices from its hospitals and sleep clinics.  [No Philips-recommended bacteria filters for them.]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,954 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,218 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,075 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 568 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 816 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,368 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,770 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.