Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Got my globalintake email too, with my individual case number.
Oddly, the case number starts with 20210818xxx   but was sent to my email that my supplier has (who did tell me that they were registering the machine for me back in mid July).
So it looks like maybe they are/were running about 30 days behind in registering , at least in Canada.

I did email the pcms and Cdn prez a few days ago about my confirmed shedding, but only got a boilerplate email return from pcms.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received a Corrected e-mail from Philips. This one had my correct confirmation number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
ditto
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips e-mails received in my "junk" folder this morning.

I purchased a new ResMed AS10 AutoSet from my equipment provider Cash price was $598 US. Sleep quality better, machine quieter and numbers better than with PR DreamStation Auto. I will not ever go back to a PR machine.

Srreenshot from a typical night follows:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
"Sleep quality better, machine quieter and numbers better"

Exact same experience, although only two nights in.  Im a Resmed fan now for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm. I haven't received any emails yet from Philips. Not in my inbox or spam folders. Not sure if they are sending out the emails in order or not. I'll update you guys if I do end up getting one.
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick reminder to keep your profile updated as your equipment changes.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, after looking at a few reviews of the new Dreamstation 2, I sure hope I'm not offered one of those as a replacement. Display on the TOP? And the cheezy, fragile humifier latches? Unbelievable - Didn't they learn their lesson there? Imho, this DS2 seems to be a big step back. Sooooo glad I changed over to Resmed. Frankly, If they just send me a small check, I'd much rather get a partial refund on my 10 month old machine, and be done with these guys. Good riddance.
Post Reply Post Reply
New user here, just came to vent.

Just to give some context, I live in Romania, where apnea isn't very well researched or understood. There's only one public hospital with a wing dedicated to sleep disorders, and a handful of somnologists in private hospitals. I got lucky when a colleague heard me sleeping and suggested I'd make an appointment. All DME providers seemed a bit sketchy from the get-go.

I found out about the recall yesterday by accident while searching for a new hose (wanted to type in "philips dreamstation hose") and Google being helpful as always with their auto-complete suggested "philips dreamstation recall" before I could finish typing. I read some articles and became a bit concerned. I never used an ozone cleaner, but summers here get very hot and humid.

These guys that I was renting my Dreamstation Auto from send me a monthly bill and confirm it manually via e-mail, so there's no excuse like forgetting to tell me. We were always in contact.

So I send them an e-mail (Philips even made regional pages for all EU countries suggesting to stop using their machines, and I included it) while looking for replacements.  I tell them to contact me immediately and ask them why they didn't do anything to notify me.

I get a call this morning from them, and the guy in charge tries to tell me there's no actual issue, that Americans are sue-happy and it's only a problem there, that it only affects ozone cleaners, that he didn't want to scare me, and so on. I cite the notice regarding the health issues and that not only ozone cleaners affect it, and that I'd appreciated they'd be honest with me. Then the guy goes on a long rant, saying that all other CPAPs actually face the same issue, that there is a problem but only a minor chance of anything happening, that cat hair is way more dangerous for my lungs if I own one (I don't, and I chuckled a bit on how silly this got), all the way to saying it's a conspiracy between DME manufacturers and Philips taking the fall as they have other businesses to lean on. I immediately told him I'll cancel my contract and I'll drop off everything next week, and only then did he start telling me that he could get me a replacement, he'll give me a discount, the whole spiel. Too late.

I found a local DME provider that's the local branch of an international company, and they didn't believe me at first that the company I had a contract with were still selling and renting out affected Philips units. They luckily had a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in stock and here I am, 750€ lighter but with some peace of mind.

I'll probably spend some time browsing these forums from now on. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,831 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 961 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.