Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(08-20-2021, 01:54 PM)DaveCar Wrote: There was a post here (or maybe it was youtube) where someone forgot to replace or misaligned a seal for one of the air sensing ports, and it caused very high pressure (the machine could no longer tell what was going on due to the leak at the sensor).

Thanks that fixed it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have most found that when they took apart their system one the foam was fully intact?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2021, 02:29 PM)DCAlexandria Wrote: Have most found that when they took apart their system one the foam was fully intact?

You may wish to post your question in the foam removal thread.  In previous posts, users have reported everything from new-looking, to new-looking with surrounding dust particles, to foam breakdown.  One should keep in mind that, even with new-looking foam, that doesn't guarantee that one hasn't inhaled/ingested fine dust particles, or toxic off-gases.  Also, although SoClean use is a contributing factor, there are plenty of reports of foam breakdown from users who never used SoClean.

It's my belief that studies need to be done on a significant sample size of real-life recalled device installations.  Laboratory studies significantly limit the factors that may influence foam breakdown.  For example, some people have taken their devices on planes, gone camping with them, send them in for periodic DME cleaning, use very high IPAP pressures, pressure bursts differ with CPAP/BiPAP/ASV, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveCar, the ticket number means they weren't able to resolve your problem on the first try (duh!), and they want to work with you toward resolving it. It probably is not related to your recall confirmation number.

Staying engaged might help if you focus on what you want. The saying is true about the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

Mainly tell the truth to the extent that your machine usage and maintenance conforms to their recommendations in the owner's manual and in their recall notice. It is inappropriate for them to ask about symptoms — that's between you and your healthcare professionals. It is none of their business if your machine maintenance wasn't by the book, if you continued to use the machine after learning about the recall, or if you took your machine apart.

As an example of profiting by staying engaged, this week the boss received an email notice saying her cell phone would not be compatible with our provider's network after February 2022. At their web site I did a lookup on my phone, and I received the same verdict. Then I took them to task over the issue and got a ticket number. As the e-mail exchanges evolved I pointed out (truthfully) that our phones are compatible with another carrier's network and we'd rather change providers than go phone shopping. At their request I provided IMEI numbers for both phones. Then they "discovered" that both phones will remain compatible with 3 of their 5 4G LTE frequency bands. Bottom line, we can still make voice calls and do text messaging after February 2022, which is all we want from a carrier anyway. This engagement turned into a win-win. We keep the phones we like, and they keep our business. The bonus for us is no phone shopping, no new-phone learning curve and no 5G shoved down our unwilling throats.

Philips won't be so lucky with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Have most found that when they took apart their system one the foam was fully intact?"

Yes, and here is a possible reason why:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid409574

It is important to understand that if you used the machine at all times according to the environmental specifications in the owner's manual, and if you maintained it exactly as specified in the owner's manual, then you were exposed to off-gasses and particles. That is assuming you inhaled.

Be happy that your exposure may be less than that of other Philips users, but don't kid yourself. You absolutely positively were exposed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2021, 03:13 PM)SingingSam Wrote: "Have most found that when they took apart their system one the foam was fully intact?"

It is important to understand that if you used the machine at all times according to the environmental specifications in the owner's manual, and if you maintained it exactly as specified in the owner's manual, then you were exposed to off-gasses and particles. That is assuming you inhaled.

Be happy that your exposure may be less than that of other Philips users, but don't kid yourself. You absolutely positively were exposed.

Thanks!  Well i'm glad I held onto the old machine.  I had only been using my DS1 for about a year (no ozone use and only low humidity environments).  Gonna use the old system one utnil the recall repair.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my email from Phillips. Good grief.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's amazing how we're merely starting to get some acknowledgements of our recall registration - 2 months late - and likely a result of expressed FDA pressures that were mentioned in recent news articles.  Such a minimal level of customer service.  No e-mail verification.  No estimate of future fixes/deliveries.  No ability to change an address or phone number, if that should be needed over the next 12+ months.

Like several others, I too got a <date>+000000 (incorrect) confirmation number - except I haven't received an update correction e-mail.  Several DreamStation owners that I know haven't received any e-mail registration confirmation yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered 2 devices: my Dreamstation Go on 6/18 and my old System One on 6/19. Today I received the confirmation letter for the System One. Not sure if there is anything to read into that other than the aren’t processing in the order received.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those who now register at the Philips Recall registration site get an immediate e-mail response confirmation.

It's puzzling why Philips is still in the process of providing e-mail response confirmations to those who registered 1-2 months ago.  One would think the delays would be the other way around.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,847 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,064 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.