Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
I got my registration confirmation within minutes of registering, which was a month ago.

I attempted to use the bacterial filters with my DS1, but it made my machine overheat, so I stopped. Both my Dr and my DME told me I'll have to go through my insurance directly to get approval for a new machine (this one's less than 3 yrs old), so I guess that'll be my next step.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm, I still haven't received any emails from Philips... Not in my Spam Folder or Inbox. Seems like everyone else is getting them besides me. I registered well over a month ago also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just out of curiosity, those of you that have received emails so far, Did you check that you DID use Ozone Cleaning Devices or no? I did not, curious if they are doing the Ozone users first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nvm, please ignore my last message. I finally just now received the Email from Philips thanking me for registering my device and my confirmation number and all the other junk.
Post Reply Post Reply
No email confirmation yet but when I try to re register my machine it says "this machine has already been registered".
No new updates by Philips on their website, either.
No nothing...just a notice not to use my $5,000 Auto SV Dreamstation which I paid for out of my own pocket, so I have no insurance company to chase and my DM went out of business a while after I bought my machine from them.
What a mess.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE>above<

S.Manz wrote he was out $5,000 for his Philips machine. but his bio says he is a ResMed CPAP user. None of my business, but I am not sure what the post is supposed to mean. You will never see the $5,000 again, and if one day you do get a replacement Philips machine what will you do with it?

I guess we are in a lull of new news, so we are left with this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that I was the first to report receiving an e-mail from Philips. The first one just had the yyyymm and the rest was all 0s. That was followed by a corrected e-mail with the complete confirmation number. 

I guess everyone now feels the need to update us all on their own status. I guess I can understand the relief some of you feel when you get your own e-mail. If you received a confirmation number when you first registered your device, that means Philips has you in their system and receiving an e-mail, I am not sure it makes any difference in the long run.

I think the next important post would be from someone who received an e-mail or mailing from Philips with explicit instructions on how to return and receive their refurbished or new device.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2021, 10:33 AM)btreger Wrote: I think that I was the first to report receiving an e-mail from Philips. 
You were indeed the first to inform others here on the registration confirmations - and thank you so much for that.  Learning where Philips is at is so insightful for everyone.  ruthcatrin, in her recent post, mentioned she received a confirmation e-mail a month ago.  I wish we all knew that back then, as that would have given us another reason to press Philips on their continued quality flaws.  It's true that this thread could get filled with 100s of "I got a confirmation" or "I didn't" postings.  There are pluses and minuses to that too.  It can still be a reminder to those waiting that they're "not alone".  For those waiting, Philips is still slowly sending out confirmations, almost to suggest that they're processing them one-at-a-time.  
(This, from a company that markets itself as a modern cloud-based high-tech company focused primarily on users?  Dont-know )

Regretfully, I see it as a further sign of difficulties to come.  This thread presents an excellent opportunity for recalled users to compare notes.  Recalled users should be treated equitably by Philips.  Already, some did and some didn't get a response after 2+ months following registration.  If Philips delivers a mishmash of varied responses and deliveries, that's going to upset owners even more.  Imagine if some recent DreamStation purchasers wait 12 months for a "fix" while other DreamStation device owners get an immediate DS2 replacement.  Etc.  I hope we always keep the emphasis here on informing others rather than justifying why one owner gets a different level of response than another.  Our Recall frustrations should always be directed at Philips.  They think their customer service lines are busy now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2021, 03:39 PM)btreger Wrote: Very true, but remember they have 18 different machines that all have the same problem (foam)

I'm not quite sure what your point is here.  Are you saying it's going to be difficult to do the repair on that many different model numbers? 

As far as I can tell, most models of the DS1 machines are the same hardware with different software and/or cosmetic changes such as logos and colors.  They probably even have the same part numbers for the mechanical stuff.  The mechanical repair process shouldn't be any different.

That's been true all the way back to the "legacy" machines.  System One machines had a 50 series and a 60 series that were slightly different hardware.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2021, 11:50 AM)archangle Wrote: ... same hardware with different software and/or cosmetic changes ... mechanical repair process shouldn't be any different.

That's generally true, but there would be programming differences.  The Philips technician (or 3rd party) will run a "test" to see if they've connected all the wires correctly.  They might update the device software.  If I'm not mistaken, there was a slight production change during the DS1 run to account for some other hardware flaw/modification.  They might check for that too.  Between all the return shipping and repairing (by technicians with various levels of knowledge, skills and experience), there are bound to be some breakages that would require a trip to the parts bin.  

For those getting new replacements (or refurbished replacements) instead of "fixes" on their own systems, the technician will again need to understand the programming setup for individual models.  They'd need to setup pressures (etc.) on that replacement system to match the returned recalled device.

In these cases, the technician might indeed need some model-specifics (CPAP/APAP/BiPAP/ASV), in addition to the series (DS1, SysOne, early REMStar, Dorma, Trilogy, OmniLab, etc.).  The tech-repair flowcharts could have some more-complex branches.  My hands would be trembling if I were asked to "fix" an old 2007 REMStar BiPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,831 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,056 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.