Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
It would be interesting to see if indeed these new DS2's come pre-programmed. I'm not sure everyone had the modems, I certainly didn't, I never had a Dreamstation app, and I don't have Dr either. The only app that saw my stats was Oscar. So how could they know the settings for those without a modem?
Post Reply Post Reply
For the past several days the majority of the posts have been totally centered on new DS2's. Who is getting them, why are they getting them? With all kinds of theories and calculations on the who's and why's.

It's like we all forgot how we got to this point in the first place. For at least 12 years PR has been literally poisoning us. There has not been any third-party clinical reporting done to identify or report on any potential health risks associated with the new foam they are now using. 

All we have is PR saying they are using a different foam than the recalled one. We do not even know the name of this new foam. Everyone is just repeating what PR is saying, including the FDA.

I think we need a time out right now so we can get clear and honest answers concerning this and not have to think about it every time we go to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 09:07 AM)btreger Wrote: For the past several days the majority of the posts have been totally centered on new DS2's. Who is getting them, why are they getting them? With all kinds of theories and calculations on the who's and why's.

It's like we all forgot how we got to this point in the first place. For at least 12 years PR has been literally poisoning us. There has not been any third-party clinical reporting done to identify or report on any potential health risks associated with the new foam they are now using. 

All we have is PR saying they are using a different foam than the recalled one. We do not even know the name of this new foam. Everyone is just repeating what PR is saying, including the FDA.

I think we need a time out right now so we can get clear and honest answers concerning this and not have to think about it every time we go to bed.

Please contact Philips and confirm the exact material they use for the new white foam along with a MSDS. Or, see if your FDA friend will provide this intel.  I'm not sure that this is public information, but in light of the situation, it's a very good question.  Assuming the FDA didn't approve another possibly toxic material is probably a mistake.  The question is, who is going to provide this info?  I have tried calling Philips countless times over the last year regarding outgassing issues with the humidifier and never once was able to talk to anyone other than an outside call center that had no clue on anything.  All my requests for a call back never happened.  What do you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 09:24 AM)mrmagloo Wrote: All my requests for a call back never happened.  What do you suggest?

I think we have all had the same lack of success getting any answers. If we have anyone on this thread who lives in Connecticut, please contact your Senator, Blumenthal. He seems the only one we know of who has had any direct contact with PR.

LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
PHILIPS PRIORITY OF DELIVERIES
(09-10-2021, 08:22 AM)fredHa Wrote: pressure displayed correctly 12.0 and no ramp.  it seems to be ready to use.

order of getting ds2 seems to be weighted by recall registration date. 

So you're saying that your DS2 arrived pre-programmed to your pressure settings?

If that's the case, Philips replacement device priority order can't merely be by registration date.  They don't have any idea what the pressure settings would be for the vast majority of registrants, and people are first getting their replacement DS2 before sending their old device back.

It would first have to be filtered by those whose DMEs have recorded their details in the Philips database site (Philips Care Orchestrator).  I think that would be the method Philips would use for your settings.  Otherwise, they won't know your settings because you haven't returned your old device yet.  Then, amongst that subset of users, it would be sorted by registration date.

For those that have received (or are about to) replacement DS2s:
Could you please post the notes provided by Philips.  Was your device already setup to your pressure settings?  There must be some letter attached to your deliveries that states how you should proceed.  Does it say that your device has been pre-programmed, or to take it to your DME for programming, or other?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PHILIPS PRIORITY OF DELIVERIES
(09-10-2021, 10:00 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: So you're saying that your DS2 arrived pre-programmed to your pressure settings?

If that's the case, Philips replacement device priority order can't merely be by registration date.  They don't have any idea what the pressure settings would be for the vast majority of registrants, and people are first getting their replacement DS2 before sending their old device back.

It would first have to be filtered by those whose DMEs have recorded their details in the Philips database site (Philips Care Orchestrator).  I think that would be the method Philips would use for your settings.  Otherwise, they won't know your settings because you haven't returned your old device yet.  Then, amongst that subset of users, it would be sorted by registration date.

Mine arrived pre-programmed.  When I submitted my recall claim, I had to include the registration number for my old DS.  The old machine uploaded information to the DreamMapper site, so both my physician and PR had access to my data, including settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PHILIPS PRIORITY OF DELIVERIES
(09-10-2021, 10:00 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: So you're saying that your DS2 arrived pre-programmed to your pressure settings?
yes it updated shipped setting to my personal shortly after being plugged in.

my ds1 has a modem.  i have seen the ds1 keypad light blinking sometime and see message that communications are in process.  that message being transmitted likely contains my daily use, any error codes and i think settings.  the data is stored somewhere "in the cloud?".

if one needs to send setting to ds2 "serial x" to replace ds1 "serial y" then just send setting of "y" to "x".
Post Reply Post Reply
PRIORITY TO DS1 OWNERS WHO CONNECT WITH DREAMMAPPER
(09-10-2021, 10:13 AM)secretigoo Wrote: The old machine uploaded information to the DreamMapper site, so both my physician and PR had access to my data, including settings.

All DreamStation One owners won't necessarily have the Cellular Modem Accessory and be regularly updating Philips' DreamMapper cloud database.

At this stage of the Recall, Philips is obviously filtering first on DS1 DreamMapper users, where they can easily obtain their up-to-date pressure settings.  Perhaps they're then sorting on recall registration date.

That should take Philips several weeks/months I would think to ship DS2s to those DS1 owners with update to DreamMapper.

The next group will likely be those who don't have the Cellular Modem accessory.  Philips won't have their settings on-file.  I'm so very curious how Philips will handle those DS1 device owners.  

DS1 Owners without Modems & DreamMapper Updating:
  • Will Philips choose to send a DS2 device with default settings?  (Very unlikely.)
  • Will Philips send a locked DS2 device instead, with a DME obtaining the unlock code?  
  • Will Philips request that users provide a DME for shipping & setup purposes?  (May anger users w/o a current DME.)
  • Will Philips choose NOT to provide this group with new DS2s, instead doing a DS1 foam replacement?  
    (Some DS1 owners will be happy about that as they prefer to keep their DS1.  Other DS1 owners might be angry that, by not using DreamMapper, they might not receive a new DS2 replacement.  Either way, both groups may be without a device for several weeks, while they await the servicing of their returned device.)
The current recipient group of new DS2 replacements does make sense.  No repair servicing is required since Philips is just shipping out a new device with the settings on-file from Philips DreamMapper.  

It'll be interesting to see if Philips has a plan for providing new DS2 replacements to DS1 owners who don't update to the cloud.

The difficult group will be those that are having their recalled DS1 devices repaired through a service center.  Even more challenging may be the group of non-DS1 owners as there are many different outdated models.  That's where there may be significant complexities involved (device settings, setups, absent device periods, breaks through shipping & repairing, etc.).  

It's more understandable why Philips is pushing all xPAP users to be continually linked to the Philips Cloud.  Having immediate access to updated user information would give Philips many advantages when it comes to recalls, firmware updates, device fault data, etc.  Philips could then take it a step further to automatically lock devices past a deemed obsolesce period, or if users attempt to re-sell or re-purpose their devices later.  

I would hope there are substantial security safeguards at Philips to prevent a hacker from accessing that Philips data - or worse, modifying device settings.  Philips of course will state they exist.  One would think there would be little incentive for hackers to get into that database anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: >Post 1403<

In that post, I brought up the real concern we all should have concerning the new foam being offered by Philips.

I did receive one rather sarcastic response, asking what I am doing. 

So, instead of responding directly to that, I decided to at least try to do something on my own. 

I called directly to Senator Blumenthal's Washington Office. I had to leave a message, including my name, the reason for the call, and my home phone number.

If anyone else is interested, this is the Senator's info:

Write to Senator Blumenthal

Due to high volume, Senator Blumenthal’s office is only able to receive online messages from his constituents. If you are writing from outside of Connecticut, and wish to contact the Senator, please send a letter to the Senator’s mailing address.

Office Locations

Hartford
90 State House Square 10th Floor
Hartford, CT, 06103
tel (860) 258-6940
fax (860) 258-6958

Bridgeport
915 Lafayette Blvd., Suite 304
Bridgeport, CT, 06604
tel (203) 330-0598
tel (203) 330-0608

Washington D.C.
706 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC, 20510
tel (202) 224-2823
fax (202) 224-9673
Post Reply Post Reply
I can only assume you read my post as sarcastic. The intend was far from that. I pointed out MY lack of progress over the last YEAR trying to get in touch with anyone at Philips that was willing to discuss the poor performance and potential harmful outgassing of THEIR product. This all became a mute point with the recall, and my purchase of the AS10, so I didn't press it further. I'm glad you are pursuing it. I truly hope for everyone's sake you get better results in your quest. I know for fact, it will just about take an act of God to answer the question you are posing. I admire your tenacity, so please don't misread my comments as ridiculing, which was a totally incorrect read there. I agree with all else in your last post.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,832 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,069 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,058 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.