Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(09-28-2021, 01:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It is true.  Philips, in all their wisdom, elected to encrypt the DS2's data.

Because they have proven themselves so trustworthy, that no one would possibly think that they are hiding something...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PAP DEVICE LIFE
(09-28-2021, 01:33 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: As someone recently posted, strangely Philips submitted documentation for FDA approval in the fall of 2020 for an A-Series Humidifier.  We're trying to figure that one out.  Philips either has a significant inventory of replacement parts and/or is continuing to produce components.

I saw (and commented) on that. Truly baffling at this late stage.

Is there a discussion about it somewhere?
Post Reply Post Reply
It was proven one of the chemicals used was banned in 1937 from mask because it was a poison...glycol...
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips sent me a DreamStation 2 and a return label for my recalled DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 03:43 PM)ger365 Wrote: It was proven one of the chemicals used was banned in 1937 from mask because it was a poison...glycol...

Which glycol? There are dozens of glycols.
Propylene glycol is used in inhalers.

Link to proof? Link to info on said ban?
Post Reply Post Reply
How old was your DS1?  Just trying to figure out how they are prioritizing things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my DS2 last week, no notice via Fedex. Registered first day. My DS1 was a little more than 3 years old from Kaiser. No ozone use. I use Dreamapper. Noticed invoice date 9/8. Fedex is having issues with delayed deliveries. Unit called out and got my RX. Problem with Fedex tracking # on return label, not recognized in their system. Called Phillips supposed to get another label. So far low AHI, not sleeping as well. DS2 AFLEX is set at 3, don't know what DS1 setting was. WIll see how it progresses
Post Reply Post Reply
Mvoss, note that Aflex of 3 was too high for most users a 2 was more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yahoo/Finance

Parker Waichman LLP Files Injury Lawsuit Against Philips NV And Related Entities On Behalf Of A West Virginia Woman Who Developed Lung Cancer After Using CPAP Machines

Another sad story. It does not make much sense now to post these because there are so many. This one sentence caught my attention because I did not recall this information before. This is the reason for this post.

An adverse event report in the FDA database shows a patient complaining of "black dust" as early as 2011 and OSA patients regularly reported the presence of black particles in the tubes of their devices on message boards.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/parker-wa...00420.html
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2021, 09:28 PM)ST Dog Wrote: Which glycol? There are dozens of glycols.
Propylene glycol is used in inhalers.

Link to proof? Link to info on said ban?

Look it up...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,931 3 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,213 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,073 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 556 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 815 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,367 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,766 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.