Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
SOCLEAN VS. PHILIPS
(10-12-2021, 02:43 PM)btreger Wrote: - SoClean alleges, Philips has misled the public, deliberately placing blame on SoClean for recall.

In some ways, SoClean does have a case against Philips for specifically using SoClean's name on the registration site, in interviews and on press releases.  Philips made a mistake there.  They should have generically stated "ozone cleaning of the internal ventilator system" (or something similar).  

It was inevitable that SoClean would respond.  They'd have to, as they're entire company is on the line.  I wonder if Philips could have a counter-suit, stating SoClean stated it was "safe" to use and continually aggressively promoted its usage.  

But then again, Philips designed a faulty product with carcinogenic foam that degrades over time. The only thing SoClean did was speed that up.  SoClean needs to do everything to show that non-SoClean users also experience foam degradation.  They could do that through extended lab testing.  They could do that by first hand user reports.  They could do that by bringing in a group of non-SoClean Philips user systems to study.

If I were a judge, I'd have give the edge to SoClean for the following reason:

SoClean only hastened the breakdown of Philips' already-bad (chemicals and composition) foam.
Users that didn't use SoClean also experienced foam breakdown.

No doubt, Philips hates SoClean.  Philips' faulty foam might never have become an issue since most users upgrade their systems every 5-10 years.  SoClean put the spotlight on Philips' faulty foam issues.  SoClean may end up costing Philips $1 Billion.  Philips may end up destroying the SoClean company.

SoClean should get onboard with the other lawsuits and support the notion that Philips created a faulty product for decades, later discovering the issue, did insufficient laboratory testing, ignoring user complaints, delayed fixing the existing products (but put out an entirely new product), delayed informing the public, etc. etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
Judging before the data is in and cases are presented is probably a bad idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SOCLEAN VS. PHILIPS
(10-12-2021, 06:40 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote:
SoClean only hastened the breakdown of Philips' already-bad (chemicals and composition) foam.
Users that didn't use SoClean also experienced foam breakdown.

Doesn't negate the fact that ozone in the machine is bad.

Have you seen the SoClean3? No more connection to machine, no ozone in the pump. They even added an ozone filter/converter on the outlet of the machine.

Seems they knew there were problems with running ozone through the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I'll just get out my popcorn and watch. Eat-popcorn Eat-popcorn Eat-popcorn
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 10:56 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: So, I'll just get out my popcorn and watch. Eat-popcorn Eat-popcorn Eat-popcorn

Yep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Secret Philips Foamgate Video - Downfall!

Warning: This is satire, and contains a number of four-letter words. It may not be suitable for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9f-zwLEEA
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 04:36 PM)btreger Wrote: Warning: This is satire, and contains a number of four-letter words. It may not be suitable for everyone.

four letter words? 
work, lead, read, note, nope, stop, foam?

What is wrong with that? (oops, another three)
Post Reply Post Reply
PHILIPS RECALL PARODY
(10-13-2021, 04:36 PM)btreger Wrote: The Secret Philips Foamgate Video - Downfall!  
Warning: This is satire...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9f-zwLEEA

Lolabove   Lolabove   Lolabove   Lolabove   Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned the Resmed document dated January 8, 2020 which includes the statement - 

"Warranty update: Effective for sales of ResMed machines on or after February 1, 2020, ResMed’s limited warranty will exclude damage to ResMed machines caused by use of ozone devices. The limited warranty on ResMed masks, with the exception of ResMed AirTouch™ products, will not be affected. "

https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...letter.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning Your CPAP? Don't Use Ozone! Here's Why

This topic has been posted for months. We have read articles by CPAP manufacturers, Ozone manufacturers, and even the FDA. I have no intention of repeating any of that. I will give you a link to a video, and you can decide for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHcZUFRDqg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.