Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
The settings from my DS1 were uploaded and installed to the replacement DS2 when I powered up the new DS2. The DS1 settings were likely could have been extracted from the Philips Care Orchestrator software that both Philips and my DME use. My DME did have all the machine information on file for my new DS2 when I had called them with a question.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do note that remote setting of settings is a feature of the DS2.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes sense, StratCat.

In the case of my dad's machine, he doesn't even use a DME (other than when he purchased it directly from Supplier #1 several years ago).  So I'm hoping they don't postpone shipment, because the original script used to order his machine was very old... probably from 2001 or earlier, and he had a completely different no-data single-pressure machine back then set at a single pressure of 9 cmH2O. 

He hasn't been to a sleep doctor since his original script.  So I doubt they'll be able to extract any "data" from his 60-series System One REMstar Auto, since no data has ever been sent out of that machine, either wirelessly or via an SD card delivered to a doc or DME.  There'd literally be no way for them to find out the actual therapy settings without me telling them what those were.  And they didn't ask during the recall registration process.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 01:21 PM)Steptoe Wrote: Foam Filter Compatible with Dreamstation, Sound Abatement Foam Component, Medihealer Sound Abatement Foam,Great Value Kit Supplies by Medihealer.

Good heavens, given that this whole recall is a result of sketchy foam, I can’t imagine why anybody would buy replacement foam from some random Amazon seller!

Good luck getting any accountability as to its origins or safety!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, pretty much my thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sawinglogz, @StratCat48...

Agree 100%. When this product first showed up, I cautioned some in a FB group about it and ended up getting suspended for a month for it. How can anyone have any confidence in this product?
Post Reply Post Reply
Singing to the choir here.
On a 1-100 scale of trust, I put the PR recalled foam at 0, this foam at 0.1 because I have never seen a test, the DS2 foam at a 5 because with rough handling it sheds particles.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, this morning I received the same email SuperSleeper mentioned in post #1930.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2022, 09:36 AM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: FWIW, this morning I received the same email SuperSleeper mentioned in post #1930.

Do you mean post #1952?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid432863
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2022, 09:58 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Do you mean post #1952?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid432863

Nope, same link, but the post is #1930: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid432863.  My reply should now be #1950.

Is this a test? ;-)
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,073 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.