Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
SleeplessinPgh - You passed!!! You were able to recognize the difference between the numbers 1952 and 1930. Your CPAP therapy must be working. Big Grin

Actually, different members will sometimes see a different post number than others. That is why we ask that you right-click on the post number, select "Copy Link" and use this URL in your post. That way, everybody can see the post you are referring to.

Good work!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also received the email for each of my three machines that are registered.

Yay?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2022, 10:27 AM)SleeplessinPgh Wrote: Is this a test? ;-)

No, not a test...  Smile  

I apologize.  I should have explained further, as some members will sometimes see different post numbers than others.

As CR kindly explained, right click the post number, copy the link, and use that url in your post when referring to a particular post number.

Thanks!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I finally got an email from Philips. I registered in July and was beginning to think my registration hadn't gone through. Anyway, the gist was thanks for registering my machine and that their testing indicates no long term effects from their foam voc, Yeah, right! And that they were replacing machines as fast as supply allows them, also that in a couple of weeks I would be getting a questionnaire to basically see if I should be moved to the front of the wait line.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 08:10 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Received the following email today from Philips (below).  Wondering what specifically does this mean?

Quote:2. Order processing
To make sure patients with the greatest needs receive a replacement device as timely as possible, we will be prioritizing remediation efforts around certain patients as requested by the Food & Drug Administration.  For US patients whose remediation is directly managed by Philips, data collected throughout the patient registration process will be used to help to prioritize remediation of those patients at higher risk. In addition to this prioritization, the shipment of replacement devices happens as inventory is available, and Philips collects the information needed to transfer existing therapy settings to the replacement unit.

In the coming weeks, you will receive an email that outlines the option to provide additional prioritization information. The types of information you may provide include: your age; whether you have any other health conditions including obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and its severity; whether you are pregnant or have an occupation associated with public safety; your history of car accidents related to falling asleep while driving; and whether you have used ozone for device cleaning purposes.

They should have done this from the beginning and not wait for the FDA to request it. They knew it was going to take months to complete and should have prioritized from the beginning. Even better, before shipping the first replacement they should have explained the prioritization process to give a users a better idea of when to expect a replacement.

Instead it seemed haphazard with no logical order. People with minor apnea getting new machines while OTR truckers and pilots with severe apnea are still waiting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was an early registrant and the first one to notify my supplier that there was a recall.  Seeing the symptoms, I immediately stopped using it because I was suffering from severe bronchitis.  The bronchitis cleared up in a few days.  

No one would help, the vendor had nothing available, the insurance just pointed fingers, my work worried that I would cause sleep deprived errors. No real communication from Phillips.  I am very disappointed with them.

Tomorrow I get my replacement DM2.

Last night I woke myself up over 40 times (checking the time each time) as well as other times that I did not look,  I can't wait to get a good nights sleep again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2022, 05:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I did notice this statement in the email:

Is this some sort of attempt to delay shipping a replacement, since "they are waiting for a DME or another party to send them your therapy settings"?  I surely hope not.
Cool

My read on the email was pretty simple: cite the study again and properly calibrate expectations for replacements. Which is still a ways off for many. 

I don’t recall when this first occurred but I’m guessing that means June 22nd? If correct, is that near the date of when registration commenced?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2022, 04:21 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: I was an early registrant and the first one to notify my supplier that there was a recall.  Seeing the symptoms, I immediately stopped using it because I was suffering from severe bronchitis.  The bronchitis cleared up in a few days.  

No one would help, the vendor had nothing available, the insurance just pointed fingers, my work worried that I would cause sleep deprived errors. No real communication from Phillips.  I am very disappointed with them.

Tomorrow I get my replacement DM2.

Last night I woke myself up over 40 times (checking the time each time) as well as other times that I did not look,  I can't wait to get a good nights sleep again.

First off ...  Sleep-well

Second ... let us know how you like the new machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone posted on a FB group that they had received a recertified DS1 CPAP (not BiPAP). When asked how they knew it was recertified, they answered that "the bottom has a sticker that states it's a recertified device" and posted a picture of it which I've attached.

As far as I know, this is the first I've seen a confirmed recertified device...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 01:21 PM)Steptoe Wrote: Foam Filter Compatible with Dreamstation, Sound Abatement Foam Component, Medihealer Sound Abatement Foam,Great Value Kit Supplies by Medihealer. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J2BT3C8/ref...UTF8&psc=1

This product has been revised and offered with no foam inside at all.

Amazon.com: Filter Assembly Compatible with Dreamstation, Empty Plastic Housing/Air Chamber,Without The Foam. : Health & Household

Have purchased it, installed and tested it. Perfect fit and quiet operation. 
Eliminates the hassle of removing the original foam yourself so it;s a 15-20 minute operation at a slow careful pace.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,856 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,250 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.