Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
DS2 Auto (two tone case w blue bottom) or DS2 Auto Advanced?

It makes a huge difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon -- is the Auto Advanced a bipap and/or ASV? Up until this point PR has no advanced machine not under recall -- is the Auto Advanced the release of such a machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dream Station 2 Auto CPAP (Non Advanced)is an APAP and is NOT the machine I think you are talking about.  This machine has a teal blue bottom and we have not see it yet

Dream Station 2 Auto CPAP Advanced is the DS1 Auto replacement and is an APAP and definitely not a BiPAP nor an ASV

Dream Station 2 CPAP (Non-Advanced)  This machine has a teal blue bottom We have seen it and user available controls are EXTREMELY limited and mostly removed thus forcing the patient/CPAP User to contact the medical team for nearly all setting changes.  

Bottom line, no one should get the DS2 non-advanced models, Dream Station 2 Auto CPAP and [b]Dream Station 2 CPAP. [/b]These machine has a teal blue bottom
do note that non-advanced is NOT in the name.
Post Reply Post Reply
This one is the Auto Advanced CAX521H12C

And I should add.. a noisy bugger.
I dont remember how loud the DS was, but this DS2 makes way more whine than the AS-10.
Not sure if it's blower motor noise or airstream noise.
I'm hoping it's just "new" noise and will go away at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
None of the DS2's are under recall.
The DS2 Advanced machines are supported by OSCAR via (currently) an invite-only Alpha release. PM me.

IMHO everyone should be considering a replacement other than a PR machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveCar wrote:
"This one is the Auto Advanced CAX521H12C
And I should add.. a noisy bugger."

Evidently the Canadian model number. Mine in the US is....
Philips-DreamStation-2-Auto-CPAP-Advanced-DSX520T11C 

I did have the DS1 and to me the DS2 seems quieter
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick question:

Does anyone know of a way to cross-reference your Philips Serial Number and the Recall Confirmation Number?

I'm asking because I have three (3) machines on the recall list (DS1, DSGo, System One) and can't find my notes from when I registered them. Of the three, the DS1 has been "matched to a DME", but the other two have not. I was able to confirm that on the Philips portal by entering all three confirmation numbers (1 of which was matched) and then entering all three serial numbers (only one of which was matched - that of the DS1).

So I have two confirmation numbers that clearly go with the DSGo and the System One, but no idea which conf# matches which ser#.

I've looked back over all of the emails I've received from Philips and have yet to find any email that contains serial numbers, only confirmation numbers.

I mean it probably doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of difference, but the numbers guy in me would like to tie that loose end...

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Chasm - I had to call Philips on the phone to sort out that same issue.
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read this posted at an online DME site...

Quote:Latest update:
On 3/30/2022, Philips informed us that they have repaired/replaced 813k units out of the 1.5 million registered units in the US and Canada last week. Philips is processing about 33k units each week. They will start selling the DreamStation 2 again when they are close to fulfilling all the registered requests.
Post Reply Post Reply
Philips Recall
Hi All, 

New to the board. What drove me to look for a forum for this subject was the recent recall of my CPAP machine. Philips Dream Stations were recalled due to concerns over the sound abatement foam breaking down into carcinogens because of the use of ozone in cleaning devices, such as SoClean. That's my understanding anyway. 

I received my replacement unit recently and switched everything over yesterday (modem, sim card, humidifier, etc.). Reading through the paperwork, I see they remediated the issue by using silicone foam instead of the original foam that led to the recall. I stopped using the SoClean unit last year when the recall was issued and went back to hand cleaning the hoses, mask and such. So my question is: does anyone know if CPAP users in my situation can begin using the SoClean units again or do I have a $400 paperweight? I tried calling Philips yesterday and gave up after a rather long weight on hold. 

Thanks in advance!

PS -  In a bit of a hurry this morning and just registered. There's likely some threads already covering this so please direct me there if so. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,973 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,221 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 580 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 821 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,380 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.