Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
WakeUpTime - can you put that email in "source" mode, and then send that full text of the source code to me via private message or email?

To find out how to get into the email's source code, do a Google search for "How to read email source code in Gmail" (substitute your email program if not using Gmail - ie- change it to "hotmail", "outlook", "Yahoo mail" or whatever.

There's ways to determine the real source of an email by looking at the underlying code.

A sample of what the source code looks like is here:

[Image: 210205_Email-Soucrce-Code-Spamhaus-tech.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2022, 05:49 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:   I doubt this email is Philips spending time on some sort of personal vendetta against someone who posts here.

You think
Post Reply Post Reply
I have three recalled devices and have not received any replacements. I think that's because I also have a Dreamstation 2 which I purchased the week before the recall was announced. The three machines are:

1. System One - received from a local DME over 10 years ago
2. Dreamstation Go - purchased from an online supplier early 2019
3. Dreamstation - purchased from a different online supplier mid 2019

All have been registered and confirmed. The only one that is "matched to a DME" is the Dreamstation which was purchased online.

At this point I have zero confidence in when I'll receive any replacement, or whatever the hell methodology Philips is using.
Post Reply Post Reply
WakeUpTime

Regarding the e-mail, you received from Philips:

After checking with several sources, including the FDA this is the consensus opinion I received:

The e-mail appears to be legit

Physicians do provide prescriptions in response to a phone call. Pharmacies call for physicians for that purpose all the time. The physician should ensure the request is legitimate and they then might submit the prescription electronically.

Suppose this was me before I decided to proceed. I would make sure my doctor was aware of what was happening and that I only wanted the information released related to my last CPAP script. Your doctor may request that you sign a release form. 

Please let us know how this all shacks out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2022, 05:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: To find out how to get into the email's source code, do a Google search for "How to read email source code in Gmail" (substitute your email program if not using Gmail - ie- change it to "hotmail", "outlook", "Yahoo mail" or whatever.

There's ways to determine the real source of an email by looking at the underlying code.

Congrats on Winning The Lottery!

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2022, 08:33 AM)btreger Wrote: After checking with several sources, including the FDA this is the consensus opinion I received:

The e-mail appears to be legit

So far, this is just one email.  That's it-- one

I'm not going to conclude it's a legitimate email from Philips until I see the source code, including the full header, which I haven't yet seen.  Cool

With all the hullabaloo over this massive recall effort, there's likely a large number of fraudsters taking advantage of the situation.  It's a scammer's paradise.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
We have received the same email from "Recall_Prescriptions (Functional Account)" <RecallPrescriptions@philips.com>
It appeared to be a followup to two very difficult to understand voicemails requesting similar information.
Note that the identifier is not the confirmation number, as in all the other emails, but the actual serial number of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The E-Mail

In the e-mail provided by WakeUpTime was a phone number to call. I just called that number, and this is what I found out;
  • I talked to two different people, one represented himself as a supervisor.
  • It was a call center outside the country, probably India.
  • They both said they were contractors for Philips.
  • I gave them my name and asked if they had my confirmation number, they did not have that, they said they only had serial numbers provided by Philips.
So now that we have two users receiving this e-mail, the question is if the serial number correct on those e-mails?

I really hate having to deal with these call centers.
Post Reply Post Reply
The serial number on the email we received was correct
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 03:17 PM)TwoSleepy Wrote: We have received the same email from "Recall_Prescriptions (Functional Account)" <RecallPrescriptions@philips.com>

It's relatively easy to spoof an email address.  I can make an email "look" like it came from president@whitehouse.gov.  What we really need to see is the source code including all the header information to determine if it's legit email source or not.

Two people receiving the same email could be simply a scammer who sent out thousands of such emails to a list he obtained from someone having access to a DME's customer database-- that would be all that's necessary to match your personal email address to a machine's serial number (or other info in a DME database).  All it would take is one disgruntled worker at a large nationwide DME to get such a list and sell it to scammers.

Not discounting that it could be legit.  All I'm recommending is extreme caution before giving out personal info to anyone "claiming" to be part of the Philips recall effort-- especially if the call goes to somewhere in India.  And doubly cautious if the Indian call center asks for info such as Soc. Sec. number, date of birth, or other personal info they supposedly "need" to process your recalled machine.
Again, if anyone can send me their email source code, we can actually CHECK, rather than speculate here.  Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,831 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,057 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.