Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] REMINDER - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
Cool 
REMINDER - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
For those who adjust their device clocks, Daylight saving time 2020 in California will begin at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 8, 2020. I will change my ResMed AirSense 10 one hour forward a few hours after 12:00 p.m.on Saturday.

You may wish to review some past threads...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...E-REMINDER
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: REMINDER - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
Okay, I'm turning this thread into a "I HATE THESE TIME CHANGES" thread.   Bigwink

Here in Illinois, I think legislation was introduced to go to one time (I assume DST) permanently all year.  I'm for sticking to one or the other, but this regular change every 6 months is for the birds.

But I think that legislation is stalled, and even if it passes, I read that the federal government has to approve the change also.  (good luck getting that done in a timely manner).
Did I mention that I hate these time-changes??  Oh yeah, said that already.   Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My argument for keeping DST throughout the year is that the changes are biologically disruptive, harmful to some degree in humans, result in accidents, and screw-up computer logs. 

"Under the Uniform Time Act, moving an area on or off DST is accomplished through legal action at the state level. Congress gives states two options: to either opt-out of DST entirely or to switch to DST the second Sunday in March. Some states require legislation while others require executive action such as a governor's executive order. Information on procedures required in a specific state may be obtained from that state's legislature or governor's office." 

I wonder if the legislators see the irony of providing a procedure where states can do as they wish and call it the "Uniform Time Act?"
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
It's government... they rarely make sense.   Rolleyes
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here in Arizona, we don't put up with such foolishness.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Doesn’t the resmed Autoset 10 change times automatically since its cellular?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am for removal of this silly daylight saving time change every 6 months. I saw in a local paper, the state of Maryland is working on a bill to adopt no longer switching. I'm in Pennsylvania, so it wouldn't affect me unless I go there to shop and find the border crossing into a state that might be an hour different.

There is no saving in DST just like common sense doesn't exist in the Gov. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before someone else posts it, I want to get this out there:

[Image: when-told-the-reason-for-daylight-saving...022976.png]
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 192765.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that guy is confusing clocks with Glocks.   Thinking-about 

...but either way, I agree.

Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 811 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.