Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed ASV and Chronic heart failure press release

I had a quick flick back through the posts to the date on this press release and didn't see it referred to.

The TLDNR is that a ResMed funded study of the the use of ASV for patients with CSA and chronic heart failure.
Their headline for the press release is "Safety Signal of Increased Cardiovascular Mortality Found For ASV Therapy In People With Predominant Central Sleep Apnea and Symptomatic Chronic Heart Failure"

http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/new...study.html
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Hi Moriarty, this has been discussed here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=safety and in a couple of other threads. The take home message seems to be that unless you have severe chronic heart failure there is no need to worry too much.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is apnea secondary to heart problems. EdElliott 7 352 12-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  failure to record 2nd part of night Beej 10 378 12-03-2016, 02:08 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 273 12-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] low heart rate BrownFox292 4 304 11-24-2016, 03:34 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Health] CPAP induced heart problems Rcgop 9 638 10-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  CPAP Machine Release Cycles DevChuck 5 432 10-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  No reduction in heart attacks for cpap users Crist 23 1,666 08-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Sleepster