Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed ASV and Chronic heart failure press release
ResMed ASV and Chronic heart failure press release

I had a quick flick back through the posts to the date on this press release and didn't see it referred to.

The TLDNR is that a ResMed funded study of the the use of ASV for patients with CSA and chronic heart failure.
Their headline for the press release is "Safety Signal of Increased Cardiovascular Mortality Found For ASV Therapy In People With Predominant Central Sleep Apnea and Symptomatic Chronic Heart Failure"

http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/new...study.html
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed ASV and Chronic heart failure press release
Hi Moriarty, this has been discussed here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=safety and in a couple of other threads. The take home message seems to be that unless you have severe chronic heart failure there is no need to worry too much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chronic's Story chronic 19 791 04-16-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 945 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 205 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 267 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Sleep study heart rate 250 bpm phoebesalva 5 449 01-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.