Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED
ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED
Just got an email from ResMed announcing the wider general release of the new N30i mask.

Quote:Discover a more natural mask experience

Now you can benefit from your nightly CPAP therapy and sleep in any position you want, including your side or your stomach. With the new ResMed AirFit™ N30i, featuring a top-of-the-head tube design and nasal cradle cushion with no front-end tube, the mask stays out of sight and out of the way, so you can get even closer to your bed partner.
Contact your equipment provider to order today. Don't know who your equipment provider is?

[Note: the link provided https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr...=CPAP_MASK will only return a list of local stores by zipcode and does not appear to list the larger DMEs separately for those who have insurance-paid supply plans]  

Find equipment provider

And, yet another experiment to see if it is superior to the similar-looking, similar-functioning Phillips Respironics Dreamwear. My specific test point is to determine if the N30i has a more robust construction and will not leak like the Dreamwear when I sleep on my side.

P.S. Don't let the DME shortchange you ... your first mask should be the "fit kit" with the multiple cushion sizes (S, M, MW, L) -- as some DME's put the medium in a lock-top baggie and retain the others for resale to other customers.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED
My problem with this design type is the air turbulence passing by my ears is so loud, I don't think about anything else.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 10:19 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: P.S. Don't let the DME shortchange you ... your first mask should be the "fit kit" with the multiple cushion sizes (S, M, MW, L) -- as some DME's put the medium in a lock-top baggie and retain the others for resale to other customers.

Vendor number 1 has the N30i fit kit. It has three different cushions (small, medium, small wide), unlike the four for the Dreamwear.

I have to wonder why it is that the N30i needs three sizes but the F30 only needs 2?
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely interested and may have to try this mask!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
i've had mine since last Thursday 2/14/2019, and I love it...they fitted me with the small wide...i get no blow by when i lay on either side, like I did with the Dreamwear. And as for me, do not hear the "turbulence" coming through the frame.....dunno, maybe it's the tinnitus. =)~
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 10:19 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Just got an email from ResMed announcing the wider general release of the new N30i mask.

P.S. Don't let the DME shortchange you ... your first mask should be the "fit kit" with the multiple cushion sizes (S, M, MW, L) -- as some DME's put the medium in a lock-top baggie and retain the others for resale to other customers.

As a new likely cpap user, this is great information, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been testing this out for a week now. I got an email from Supplier #1. Looks like they have it for $87 right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my N30i yesterday and last night was first use. Can't say it was as good as I thought it might be. It was fairly comfortable, but not as comfortable as my P10's. It did seal better than my DreamWear mask. Like the quick release at the top of the head. Not sure if it's mask related as it's only been 1 night so far, but AHI was a bit higher than usual. So I will continue to wear for several more nights to see if it gets better as time goes on and how it affects my AHI.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I borrowed a ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask yesterday.

I found it very easy to wear. However, my AHI was higher.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the new n30i cushion, it has the same diffuser as the p30i.  It’s a great mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 47 3,035 17 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.