Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed Releases Cloud-based Compliance Management Solution
ResMed Releases Cloud-based Compliance Management Solution
ResMed Releases Cloud-based Compliance Management Solution

ResMed Inc
launched its new patient compliance management solution, EasyCare Online, a tool that aggregates usage and efficacy data from obstructive sleep apnea patients who use CPAP.

The data can be used by sleep lab, home medical equipment, and other health care providers involved in managing obstructive sleep apnea. The new tool employs a secure, cloud-based system consistent with the leading health information privacy and security standards, including those mandated by the latest federal regulations.

EasyCare Online enables users to access all their CPAP patients’ therapy data online, anywhere with an Internet connection, whether the data are gathered wirelessly or by secure digital (SD) data card. With EasyCare Online, health care providers can quickly identify patients struggling with compliance and address therapy issues early, while simplifying the administrative burden associated with their business. Moreover, at-a-glance reports are easily accessed with just a few clicks, saving both staff training and execution time.

“EasyCare Online answers the market demand for an efficient, user-friendly system that offers quick and convenient access to patient data from one centralized location,” stated Luke Maguire, director, health care informatics marketing, ResMed Americas. “EasyCare Online overcomes those challenges and more, combining an intuitive user interface with simple reporting options and fewer clicks overall.”

EasyCare Online also provides the option to grant access to patient data for an unlimited number of health care providers. For example, a medical equipment provider can link patients’ records to their referring primary care physicians and sleep lab partners, so that all care providers can monitor a patient’s progress online.

“Health care, especially sleep health care, is an incredibly dynamic market. Our customers are under pressure to prove positive patient outcomes with CPAP and to continuously document compliance,” said Don Darkin, president, sleep-disordered breathing strategic business unit. “They need a data management tool to help streamline their efforts, simplify administration, and differentiate their business. We have provided the solution with EasyCare Online.”

fair use from:
http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/sleep_repo...-18_04.asp

The above post may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material available is intended to advance the understanding of Sleep Apnea treatment and to advance the educational level of Sleep Apnea patients with regard to their health. Sometimes included is the full text of articles and documents rather than a simple link because outside links frequently "go bad" or change over time. This constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without fee or payment of any kind for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Releases Cloud-based Compliance Management Solution
It all sounds kinda almost nice except for two things. One, now way in heckaroni will I allow my medical information to be in any sort of online 'cloud'.

And two, why the **** do they have to call it "compliance management"? As if the entire thing is getting patients to "comply"? As if we are nothing more than unwilling idiots who don't do as we are told and absolutely must be watched and monitored?

No thank you, Resmed. I comply just fine when asked nicely and treated as an intelligent adult.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You WILL comply.... we are the Borg... er... I mean ResMed.... resistance is futile... you will be assimilated into the cloud.

ResMed's new cloud-enabled Full Face Mask:

[Image: image91-150x150.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
FREEDOM!

We need a William Wallace Smiley.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2012, 10:20 PM)Cutter Wrote: FREEDOM!
We need a William Wallace Smiley.

Is that a smiley with a kilt?

FWIW, in my crash course in CPAP machines today, I believe I read online that Respironics already has the "Cloud" software already, so perhaps ResMed is just playing catch-up with the borg game. It's on Respironics' sleepapnea website (sorry I cannot post URL) under
Patients >> Products >> Encore Compliance Management >> EncoreAnywhere

One quote from their site that pretty much sums up the plot behind the new trend towards cloud based "compliance management" :

"Management by Exception The easy-to-use, intuitive My Day homepage automatically identifies problem patients and their specific issues. With this information, you can quickly and easily prioritize patient intervention needs."

And no longer will you be afraid of changing the machine all by yourself, the machine can be remotely changed without you even knowing!:
"Modem Versatility Compliance data can be automatically uploaded on a daily basis. Prescription changes also can be automatically communicated back to the patient's device."

Post Reply Post Reply
As far as ResMed and insurance companies concerned S9 Escape is data capable machine shows compliance data and compliance means the machine used at least 4 hours per night even in the ResScan there is compliance threshold line marked at 4 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be more optomistic if it were about having the detailed data available for the Dr. to review so changes could be made if needed, but this sounds like it's focused on proving "compliance" so the DME can get paid for the machines rather than actually improving patient care. (Since many insurances require proof of compliance before paying for the whole cost of the machine). Just because someone has the machine on for four hours doesn't mean they are getting the best treatment.

Quote: Our customers are under pressure to prove positive patient outcomes with CPAP and to continuously document compliance,” said Don Darkin.

That's what stood out to me, and when he said customers, he means the DMEs, not the patient. The CPAP manufacturing industry is still largely focused on the DME as the so-called customer, not the patient using the product, when it comes to many of their design decisions (such as compliance monitoring vs full data capability, etc.).
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2012, 11:38 AM)shanzlik Wrote:
Quote: Our customers are under pressure to prove positive patient outcomes with CPAP and to continuously document compliance,” said Don Darkin.

That's what stood out to me, and when he said customers, he means the DMEs, not the patient. The CPAP manufacturing industry is still largely focused on the DME as the so-called customer, not the patient using the product, when it comes to many of their design decisions (such as compliance monitoring vs full data capability, etc.).

BINGO. And that's the problem. CPAP manufacturers see the DMEs as their "customer" not you and me (the "end-user") as the customer. This is what Apnea Board has been stressing to the CPAP manufacturers for years now, and to a degree, we're making some progress, but we're nowhere near having the manufacturers see us-- the patients-- as the true customer.

When ResMed Vice President Gil Ben-Dov joined the Apnea Board forum a few months ago, we stressed this to him in this thread... I can only hope he took what we said back to the ResMed boardroom.

It's all part of our stupid Medicare and insurance system. Whoever "Pays the bills" directly to the CPAP manufacturers is the "real customer" in their eyes. Since there is no direct-distribution from manufacturer to the patient, the one who makes the purchases from the manufacturer is seen as "their customer" (the DME, in other words). But the thing they don't realize is that it is WE THE PATIENTS who ultimate pay for these machines, either through Medicare taxes, insurance payments or outright purchase from a DME. If it weren't for the PATIENTS, the CPAP companies would be out of business.

It's really a slap in the face to those of us who want to take a more active role in our own therapy. We're treated like cash-cows that "get milked" on a regular basis, having no say or influence upon those who provide these machines to us. I say, all of us "cash-cows" need to start "mooing" more to get the attention of the CPAP manufacturers.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,264 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.