Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir
ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir
Oh-jeez Following up on the 3G communications issue...

Quote:The request...

The following support request has been submitted for myAir:

Hey guys, What will happen after December 31, 2020 when the telco cuts off 3G service in the United States? Will I need to replace my machine if I want to keep using MyAir? 

Steve
Quote:The form email response...

Hello,

We provide assistance on using the myAir™ site. This includes items such as site navigation, registration help, password resets, missing data, etc. We are not a clinical resource and cannot provide answers to questions related to your therapy, equipment, insurance, or pricing.

Please contact your healthcare or home medical equipment provider who originally provided you with your machine for these types of questions. If you do not know who your home medical equipment provider is, we can assist you locate one in your area.

Regards,

Your MyAir Support Team

Obviously, this affects the data being transmitted from my device to ResMed for use on their MyAir application. One might assume that they do care what happens to a significant portion of their user base,

I will keep trying and report back.

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir
I believe the Airsense and Aircurve 10 machines are 4G in USA and Canada. My Aircurve 10 ASV manual provides this info.

I know that is not good news for a lot of folks, but it probably works for you.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
My US Aircurve manual says 2G
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious, what are the first four numbers of your SN? Mine is 2315, so my unit was constructed in 2015, but no manual came with it. I'm wondering if it can be figured out when they changed the modem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A serious question here - if MyAir disappeared, would you miss it? We've seen a lot of posts to the effect that MyAir provides little of value apart from a brief overview and a lot of "you're doing great" type messages. Given that Oscar is freely available, does MyAir serve any ongoing purpose?
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know when they changed from 3G to 4G?

from the about screen

sw sx558-0324
sn 2316
provider - blank
type cdma
service - blank

from the manual...
Technology used: CDMA (USA only)
4G (USA and Canada only) 3G
2G (all regions except USA and Canada)
Frequencies CDMA (850/1900
MHz)
4G (700/850/1900 MHz)
3G (850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100 MHz)
2G (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Max RF power output CDMA 24.5 dBm
4G 23.0 dBm
3G 24.0 dBm
2G 33.0 dBm
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't miss it DB, but it is better than nothing. It does encourage compliance, and on Facebook I see a lot of bragging about the good scores received, and then there is the what did i do wrong based on MyAir. That lets me introduce OSCAR and AB
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2020, 10:26 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: A serious question here - if MyAir disappeared, would you miss it? We've seen a lot of posts to the effect that MyAir provides little of value apart from a brief overview and a lot of "you're doing great" type messages. Given that Oscar is freely available, does MyAir serve any ongoing purpose?

For us in Australia, I see no point to that. For people in the States I suspect you need it to maintain insurance compliance right?

D.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s funny that when I took reports into my doctor, the receptionist looked the Rescan and asked what is was and said that they only want to see MyAir. I also had a MyAir report and she was happy to add it to my file.

But my doctor was more interested in the Rescan reports.

I do know the DME uses MyAir for insurance purposes for compliance.

I’ve been tempted to put my mask on a mannequin head and run my machine all night. I want to see if I can game the system. If there are no leaks, I figure the mannequin will get 70 points for usage, 20 points for seal, 0 points for events (7 hours of not breathing) and 5 points for on/off = 95 points.

If that does holds true, it did occur to me that I could die during the night and still get a congratulations email from MyAir the next morning. I know the app will say, “Excellent results. As you start to see the benefits in your life you’ll never look back.” Ain’t that the truth... lol!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to the 3G/4G question.

On the bottom of my Aircurve 10 machine is the following:

FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR104G.

I googled that and found documents that also has a FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR103G.

I didn’t do any more research, but it seems that the 3G and 4G at the end of the FCC ID “might” indicate the broadband technology.

It may be worth it to flip your machine over and look at the FCC ID.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] is thecpapshop legitimate? georgewicz 12 643 02-25-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 574 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,450 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,046 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.