Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir
RE: ResMed Stonewalling Legitimate Question on MyAir
(02-27-2020, 01:07 AM)70sSanO Wrote: Back to the 3G/4G question.

On the bottom of my Aircurve 10 machine is the following:

FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR104G.

I googled that and found documents that also has a FCC IDi. 2ACHL-AIR103G.

I didn’t do any more research, but it seems that the 3G and 4G at the end of the FCC ID “might” indicate the broadband technology.

It may be worth it to flip your machine over and look at the FCC ID.

John

The FCC registration leads to an FCC website that has a copy of the device manual, pictures of the chip and board, and, of course, RedMed's request for confidential treatment of certain documents. My ID is 2ACHL-AIR10CD which might indicate CDMA.  

Using the picture of the transmitter chip, I Googled the chip number and found the specs -- but the clue might live in the chip's temperature specs:

Operational temperature:
30 ~ +60C: The module is fully functional(*) in the entire temperature range and fully meets the 3GPP2 specifications.
30 ~ +85C: The module is fully functional(*) in the entire temperature range. Behavior outside the range of 30 ~ +60C might deviate from 3GPP2 specification.
(*)Functional: the module is able to make and receive voice calls, data calls, and SMS.

This leads me to think I have a 3G device that is rapidly disappearing. (3GPP2 provides globally applicable Technical Specifications for a 3rd Generation Mobile System )
[Image: thanks.gif]Thanks for the tip. Now to see what ResMed says.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
EDIT: Crosspost. This was following on from 70sSanO. It seems srlevine1 and I were doing the same thing :-)

I chased your theory a little further and found a whole bunch of documentation describing the ResMed FCC registration with frequencies/bandwidth etc.

https://fccid.io/2ACHL-AIR104G

It shows all the exhibits and documentation etc that ResMed had to submit to get their modems accepted.
Lots of pictures of the motherboards and CAM board etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked at my label and it just displays "CDMA". I guess I have an older modem. This begs the question, "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, who cares?" Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2020, 12:45 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I just looked at my label and it just displays "CDMA".   I guess I have an older modem.  This begs the question, "If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it, who cares?" Big Grin

Let us not forget ...

Beyond MyAir and the obvious initial insurance compliance tracking, possibly the yearly compliance check for continuous qualification for supplies, and remote settings management for the timid, this may be our primary route for software updates, algorithm improvements, and other corrective security patches.

Moreover, I paid for the communications functionality and would like an upgrade path (trade-in, discount, etc.) on a compliant machine. 

In addition, I would like to see ResMed be proactive and do something for the community other than artificially restrict the prices of replacement cushions. Funny how most of them are priced at $31 unless you find a deal on non-ResMed sites like eBay.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Levine, thank you for a serious post as opposed to frivolous posts about trees falling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2020, 07:30 PM)Needhelp2 Wrote: Levine, thank you for a serious post as opposed to frivolous posts about trees falling.

Serious is nice, but I liked the tree analogy -- it was humorous. With all the serious medical crap in our lives, a little levity is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a related question. Has anyone seen a firmware upgrade ever happen via these modems?
I know they are theoretically possible but do they ever happen in practice?
If so, did the machine say so with a message on the screen or did you simply spot that the software/firmware versions were different?
Post Reply Post Reply
There was an Over the Air update to the humidifier code in the early Autosets - nearly five years ago. I didn't notice it happening, and I don't recall the change in firmware version.
But it was mentioned here at the time. That's the only one I recall hearing about.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2020, 08:57 PM)ApneaQuestions Wrote: I have a related question.  Has anyone seen a firmware upgrade ever happen via these modems?
I know they are theoretically possible but do they ever happen in practice?
If so, did the machine say so with a message on the screen or did you simply spot that the software/firmware versions were different?

By accident, I noticed the screen flashed -- I was too slow to see a message -- but I did check and the version appeared to be updated.  But since ResMed refuses to publish versioning information for users, who really knows. I know it wasn't a power issue as I use a UPS.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear that the upgrades are almost non-existent because that means I'm not missing them and the machines are pretty much debugged.

When I buy a used machine, the modem connection is live but there is no subscription service like AT&T or similar.
I've never figured out who pays for that service once you fully own a machine either as a rent-to-buy insurance feature or simply grabbing a used one from Craigslist.
I've also got no idea how to sign up for that connection (assuming you actually wanted to...).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] is thecpapshop legitimate? georgewicz 12 708 02-25-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 629 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 464 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,630 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 489 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,089 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.