Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] ResMed's new SleepSeeker online software
Cool 
ResMed's new SleepSeeker online software
Howdy folks, got an email from my "insider contact" at ResMed (who would like to remain anonymous), the email had info about a brand new patient-support website created by ResMed (Wake Up To Sleep) that includes some sort of free online data software for ResMed machines.

The new online software system is called SleepSeeker.

Last year, some of us encouraged Gil Ben-Dov (ResMed Vice President and member on our old Apnea Board forum) to come up with a solid, easy-to-use reporting software freely available for patients. I also complained to Gil that increasingly ResMed (and other CPAP manufacturers) seem to be viewing DMEs as their "customers", rather than the end-users (we patients). I told him that was a major marketing mistake. We use these products and we are really ResMed's customers - not the DME suppliers, who are simply middlemen. Apparently, he took those patient requests back to ResMed and this online software (and associated website) is the end-result.

I'm hoping this online software is not just for simple "compliance reports" with little analytical use (charts, graphs, reports) for adjusting pressures and optimizing treatment. I do have my doubts. Thinking-about

According to ResMed, using SleepSeeker, you can upload the data from your SD card and the online software will "help ensure you receive proper treatment throughout the night". I don't have time to try this out this week, but I thought many of you with S9 ResMed machines (with SD cards) could give it a whirl and report back here.

I'm not sure if this online software is anywhere near what ResScan will do or not. (I suspect not, but I'm not sure).

Here's the link to SleepSeeker:

https://www.wakeuptosleep.com/adjusting-...eepseeker/

You'll have to register with them to try it out.

If you do try it, let us know what this fancy new system is all about in this thread!

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed's new SleepSeeker online software
(03-20-2013, 10:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The new online software system is called SleepSeeker.

Oh wow this sounds cool.

Quote:I also complained to Gil that increasingly ResMed (and other CPAP manufacturers) seem to be viewing DMEs as their "customers", rather than the end-users (we patients). I told him that was a major marketing mistake.

Indeed I agree. And since I don't actually pay for it, this applies to most of you more than it does to me --- if you're paying for your machine then most certainly you deserve to be regarded as the real customer.

Quote:I'm not sure if this online software is anywhere near what ResScan will do or not. (I suspect not, but I'm not sure).

Then the question on my mind is, "why bother?"
Unless it can do something ResScan can't.
Or, as I'm led to believe, thanks to Apnea Board, we have an insider advantage using ResScan when, not everyone knows about it. I wonder if it's for "those other people" who aren't as enlightened.
Yes I'm as skeptical as anyone since doctors, sleep technicians, respiratory therapists etc all see us as the "idiots" who can't possibly know as much as they do.

But I'll check it out as soon as I log off here.
-Sean
(complete with his replica Bobby Orr jersey to commemorate the REAL "great one's" 65th birthday.)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 10:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The new online software system is called SleepSeeker.

LastYou'll have to register with them to try it out.

If you do try it, let us know what this fancy new system is all about in this thread!

Some good news and some bad news.
I'm trying to register right now.
The bad news: It only acknowledges United States and Canada for your address.

The good news: It appears such information is optional.

It says "ResMed may use this information that you provide in order to market or advertise products to you." And you are required to acknowledge. So you may be targeted, at least to your email address.

FWIW either ResMed has my identifying information or it was assumed they had it. I had no problem in saying it again.
Frankly I have no problem with receiving information from ResMed, just not to outside companies.
It appears that once you register you are "in" and don't have to answer a verification email. It asks me if I want to link my Facebook account.
I will.
This is optional.
"ResMed Social. 9 people use this app." OK
So I log in with Facebook and....?
A bit of a delay then I'm taken to the "dashboard"

How do I install the SleepSeeker desktop application to upload my ResMedS9 Sleep Data?

To upload your ResMed S9 sleep data, please download and install the SleepSeeker upload utility. This utility is available for Windows PCs and can be downloaded from: https://sleepseeker.wakeuptosleep.com/do...Upload.exe

I've Downloaded SleepSeeker, How do I upload my data?

Now that the SleepSeeker upload utility has been installed, simply insert your ResMed S9 data card into your SD card reader and the SleepSeeker desktop application will guide you through the ResMed S9 upload process.

I uploaded my data using the SleepSeeker utility, how do I view my Data?

Return to the SleepSeeker web application and click the Goals Tab or the my goals - view data link. Note: there may be a brief delay after uploading before your data is available on the web.

For more information, please watch the SleepSeeker Video Tutorial
---
I shall continue later unless someone else beats me to it.
-Sean
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 10:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Here's the link to SleepSeeker:

Downloaded it.
I got a message from Norton 360:

"S9DataUpload.exe is not safe and has been removed."

Well hey, you can't say I didn't try.
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2013, 02:52 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 10:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Here's the link to SleepSeeker:

Downloaded it.
I got a message from Norton 360:

"S9DataUpload.exe is not safe and has been removed."

Well hey, you can't say I didn't try.
Oh-jeez

I got the same message from Microsoft Essentials.

If someone figures it out please let ugly and I know.
Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me some marketing ploy to gear you towards buying ResMed products
Doubt very much to tell you anything you don,t know already from the LCD or/and software (ResScan, SleepyHead)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, now I remember talking about this issue with one of our members from Denmark last week who had a video link sent to him. He said something about his virus protection software saying that the install file was not safe to install as well.

Not sure why it's being tagged as a potential problem, though. Perhaps because it sends private info back to ResScan headquarters? Thinking-about

In any case, here's the installation and tutorial video:

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
your anti virus will detect any .exe files and warn you not to install

turn off AV and install it if you know what it is
Post Reply Post Reply
So I installed it on my laptop. I use AVG and Win 7. I did not get a virus warning downloading it via Firefox.

It installed fine I suppose. It immediately detected I had an SD card in the slot (which told me I had not put it in last night, dang it) and did I want to upload. I said yes. It then had this little mini-browser page pop up for me to log in. I did. Then it sat there with a blank square, doing nothing. I closed the window and went to the tray icon. (The program does not install a shortcut on the desktop screen. Even the folder it created only has an .exe file for the tray service.). Right clicking the icon, I can choose several things, the first being to upload data. Got the sign in screen again, then nothing.

Does it work? Not a clue. What data can you view? Not a clue. Does ResMed not beta test these things? Probably not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I installed earlier today and didn't have a chance to report back until now.

If you already have ResScan or Sleepy Head, this will look like a joke to you. AHI, Leak and Compliance; but none of the good stuff and the charts are not very good - no high res data. This looks remarkably similar to ZEOs MyZEO web site - only with AHI and Leak instead of Sleep Stages etc. It's more of an AHI, leak and compliance tracker; but isn't any good as an analytical tool like ResScan and Sleepy Head are.

I dumped it - my firewall and anti-virus software didn't like it anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 345 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 586 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,082 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.