[News] Robolinux 7.4.2 Distro Can Keep Windows XP Running Inside Forever Without Viruses
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

Robolinux 7.4.2 Distro Can Keep Windows XP Running Inside Forever Without Viruses
For all you Linux geeks:

Robolinux 7.4.2 Distro Can Keep Windows XP Running Inside Forever Without Viruses or Malware

Robolinux, a fast and easy to used Linux distribution based on Debian, has just received another major update, raising the version number to 7.4.2.

Robolinux is trying a different approach as a Linux distribution and the developers have implemented a software called Robolinux Stealth VM Software, which allows users to create a pristine clone of a Windows Operating System with all your installed programs and updates.

The developers of Robolinux say that this procedure makes it impossible for a virus or malware to infect shared Windows data files because the Robolinux Stealth VM Systems Software mirrors a clean copy of the shared VM Data automatically.

Now that Windows XP is getting closer to the axe of Microsoft, which will terminate the support for this ancient, but still very much used operating system, everyone is taking a crack at it. There are a many Linux distributions out there that want and say that they can replace Windows, and Robolinux does the same thing.

“Since support for XP is expiring many Windows XP Users around the world are migrating from Windows XP to Linux because they don't want to to be forced to spend hundreds of dollars or throw away their PC or laptop that is in perfectly good working condition.”

“The Robolinux Stealth VM Software that used to only be available in the Robolinux OS has now now avalble and has been released for all Linux Mint Editions and all Ubuntu Versions & Derivatives as a deb package download,” said the developers in the changelog.

The migration figures for the Windows XP users are not known precisely, but they are estimated at about 10%. Robolinux developers say that their solution is the best one for the Windows users because it will provide a safe haven, without any viruses or malware.

Robolinux is also aimed at current Linux users who have to dual boot to another Windows system in order to use a specific application or who are forced to use Wine as a compromise.

The developers of Robolinux have released the Stealth VM Software as a separate package for Ubuntu and Linux Mint systems, but they have promised that rpm packages will be ready in April so that more Linux distribution will be able to benefit from it.

More details about the Stealth VM Software and Robolinux 7.4.2 can be found in the official changelog. Also, you can download Robolinux 7.4.2 right now from Softpedia.

[Image: Robolinux-7-4-2-Distro-Can-Keep-Windows-...alware.jpg]

Fair use from:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Robolinux...5915.shtml

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-09-2014 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: Robolinux 7.4.2 Distro Can Keep Windows XP Running Inside Forever Without Viruses
Looks like there's a newer version since this article came out last month.

Version 7.5.1, available here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/robolinux/files/

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

05-09-2014 01:02 PM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

RE: Robolinux 7.4.2 Distro Can Keep Windows XP Running Inside Forever Without Viruses
Nice idea, but precisely the people who will need it most are the ones who won't have the hardward, the knowledge, the skill etc. to run, find, install....it.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
05-10-2014 08:53 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

I have an old Dell XPS M170 laptop at work that was made for Windows XP. I recently had Windows 7 installed on it and man, is it slow.

It might be a good computer for Robolinux.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

05-10-2014 11:23 PM
DaveJ45 Offline

New Members

Machine: pending
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: pending
Humidifier: pending
CPAP Pressure: pending
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

And you can run both the Philips Respironics® Windows SleepMapper SD card import program, and the latest Windows version of Sleepyhead in a WindowsXP virtual machine with Virtualbox.
04-08-2015 06:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mark Douglas Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Sys 1 (60) RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex 760P Auto Bi-Level (Variabl
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: PR Wisp
Humidifier: PR Sys One heated
CPAP Pressure: RiseTime 3 Fxd E-9.0 / I-11.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

(04-08-2015 06:12 PM)DaveJ45 Wrote:  And you can run both the Philips Respironics® Windows SleepMapper SD card import program, and the latest Windows version of Sleepyhead in a WindowsXP virtual machine with Virtualbox.

I have the package for my wife's EEEPC for when I get a round tuit.

Is this something you know to be true from first hand experience?
I won't know until I get a a machine and try it out.

I have had issues with some windoze programs stubbornly refusing my best begging and crying to connect to certain USB devices within VBox.
I now have 7 on the first primary partition for those annoying problems/devices.
LM 17.1 on it's own partition and a VB7 mostly because I have been using Money since 2001 and do not want to change and so I can run Money in VB7 in it's own window while doing other stuff in Mint.

I claim no guru cred. Just monkey with a gun level competence gained from hard lessons using linux since Warty
04-09-2015 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Still want Windows 10 for free? AlanE 1 220 09-23-2016 07:23 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Windows 7 and 8.1 Users Crimson Nape 20 773 08-25-2016 08:10 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Windows 10 - Install Heads-Up and a Vent Crimson Nape 11 442 07-24-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  It's Windows update Tuesday justMongo 8 1,102 02-10-2016 07:04 PM
  Sysinternals Suite update (Windows) AlanE 1 379 01-12-2016 07:38 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Windows 10 AlanE 103 10,053 11-17-2015 12:12 PM
  what's wrong with this fragment of windows batch code? justMongo 18 1,806 09-16-2015 10:46 AM