Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Seriously underdiagnosed safety issue?
From todays 'The Australian' Newspaper...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nat...6565034483

The problem with getting HCV drivers to self-report is that there is no support for them while they are in the initial stages of diagnosis and treatment. To put ones hand up for OSA is to effectively lose ones income.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it's a Catch-22. If I were a professional driver in that situation and I thought I had OSA, I'd try to obtain a used data-recording auto-CPAP and self-treat, rather than "go through the system" and risk losing my income stream.

It's the unintended consequences of poorly-thought-out regulations, once again.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is really unfair. Unless you have private disability insurance, or insurance though your work, you are in a bad place. I wish there was more support for these drivers to insure all our safety. This kind of situation is why I always buy disability insurance on a job. I am a serious manic depressive (don't think the term bipolar describes the illness) and can miss work or more rare end up in the hospital. Unfortunately I don't think relief will come soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S9 Autoset SD card issue (or is it normal?) bexiesbruv 8 148 03-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: bexiesbruv
  [Equipment] Voltage Issue on Dreamstation? jhick09 10 244 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Sad [CPAP] My Sleep Apnea Story and CPAP Issue ihatesleepapnea2017 8 218 03-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Icon and Sleepy Head issue remltr 6 419 02-27-2017, 03:01 AM
Last Post: woozie38
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 10 669 01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: bry248
  URGENT issue FAA approval for international travel? NCZzzz 13 950 01-01-2017, 12:47 AM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  New to CPAP, Issue with Peripheral Edema Beelotus 5 349 12-19-2016, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Beej