Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Seriously underdiagnosed safety issue?
Seriously underdiagnosed safety issue?
From todays 'The Australian' Newspaper...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nat...6565034483

The problem with getting HCV drivers to self-report is that there is no support for them while they are in the initial stages of diagnosis and treatment. To put ones hand up for OSA is to effectively lose ones income.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seriously underdiagnosed safety issue?
Yep, it's a Catch-22. If I were a professional driver in that situation and I thought I had OSA, I'd try to obtain a used data-recording auto-CPAP and self-treat, rather than "go through the system" and risk losing my income stream.

It's the unintended consequences of poorly-thought-out regulations, once again.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seriously underdiagnosed safety issue?
This is really unfair. Unless you have private disability insurance, or insurance though your work, you are in a bad place. I wish there was more support for these drivers to insure all our safety. This kind of situation is why I always buy disability insurance on a job. I am a serious manic depressive (don't think the term bipolar describes the illness) and can miss work or more rare end up in the hospital. Unfortunately I don't think relief will come soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 11 370 7 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 295 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 197 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,469 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,485 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 150 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 763 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.