Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Singing for Sleep Apnea?
Singing for Sleep Apnea?
And now from the "What scam will they think of next?" Department...

Singing for Sleep Apnea?

As an independent sleep apnea researcher, Mar MacDonald developed The Singing for Sleep Apnea Program to help users cure their sleep apnea and snoring. This new treatment does not require people to use any equipment during their sleep or undergo any surgery. This program consisting of a 25-page manual and 13 audio file guides users to enhance their pharyngeal fitness. The exercises in the program are led by Emily Tucker who works as a professional actor, a musician, and a published composer. On the program's website, a recently posted review shows whether The Singing for Sleep Apnea Program is effective.

The Singing for Sleep Apnea Program explains how singing exercises can cure sleep apnea and snoring. In fact, it shares true stories in which people achieved success in treating their sleep apnea by doing sleep exercises. It also shows whether singing exercises can treat obstructive sleep apnea. The program provides users with 13 singing exercises and tips that can help them strengthen their airway quickly. The program tells users what they need to do before singing and how long this warm up activity should take. It also reveals how long users should practice their singing exercises each day and how long they can see their results. Last but not least, it teaches users how to get the best results from their singing practice and take full control of their sleep apnea.

This program has two versions: the digital version and the physical one. Users will receive free lifetime updates of Singing for Sleep Apnea Program and 3-month counseling with Marc MacDonald. They will also receive two more bonuses including Insomnia No More e-book and Proven Sleep Hygiene Techniques report.

Fair Use from:
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1819733
The above post may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material available is intended to advance the understanding of Sleep Apnea treatment and to advance the educational level of Sleep Apnea patients with regard to their health. Sometimes included is the full text of articles and documents rather than a simple link because outside links frequently "go bad" or change over time. This constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without fee or payment of any kind for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Singing for Sleep Apnea?
Sounds like fun. Now where's the randomised double-blind clinical study?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my wife would rather hear me snore.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2014, 07:55 AM)ApneaNews Wrote: And now from the "What scam will they think of next?" Department...

I'd prefer the follow-up book "Curing apnea by shouting, stomping, and reading Vogon poetry."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sign-up for the Apnea Board Chorus starts tomorrow; auditions will take place sometime in the near future! Banana Banana Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
The auditions will be digital.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2014, 01:48 PM)PollCat Wrote: Sign-up for the Apnea Board Chorus starts tomorrow; auditions will take place sometime in the near future! Banana Banana Banana

Trust me, you don't want me in that Chorus - I sing like Barney Fife.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, this is real. I am a voice teacher, I sang professionally for over 40 years, and never had Apnea until I STOPPED singing.

I notice that when I teach a student and sing a lot, my apnea decreases, which to me, makes sense. One of the things you must do when singing is to raise your palate high and that exercises the throat and get's it into shape. One exercise you can do is to pretend you are going to eat a dish of something and pretend you have a spoon in your hand, bring it to your mouth as if you are going to eat, and you will feel your palate raise up considerably. It also exercises your tongue doing quick vocal jumps up and down the scale. These are exercises I teach my students. It doesn't matter if you sing well, just try it.

I have to go back and make sure I do this daily, I get really lazy and don't sing if I am not teaching, I was singing 6 nights a week in a lounge for many years and then sang for cruise lines in the theater, and was in the best shape.
Post Reply Post Reply
The didgeridoo to me would be more fun and save everyone's ears in our house! But, if the dogs join in if I were to sing, it might cover up my bad singing and be a lot of fun
Post Reply Post Reply
pff..I would try it if it didn't cost anything and the site didn't look like the standard scam site overnight layout template.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 228 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 293 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 205 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 384 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 509 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.