Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Sleep Apnea Devices Market Worth $5.3 Billion by 2020
Sleep Apnea Devices Market Worth $5.3 Billion by 2020
... latest news from the "Medical Mafia Fundraising Department":

Sleep Apnea Devices Market Worth $5.3 Billion by 2020

According to a new market research report "Sleep Apnea Devices Market by Product, Diagnostic (PSG, Pulse Oximeter), Therapeutic [CPAP, APAP, BPAP, Masks (Full Face Mask), Oral Appliances (Mandibular Advancement Device)], End User (Home Care Settings, Hospitals) - Analysis & Global Forecasts to 2020", published by MarketsandMarkets, this report studies the global Sleep Apnea Devices Market for the forecast period of 2015 to 2020. This market is expected to reach $5.3 Billion by 2020 from $3.7 Billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period.

The global Sleep Apnea Devices Market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and region.

Based on type, the market is categorized into diagnostic and therapeutic devices. In 2015, the therapeutic devices segment is estimated to account for the major share of the Sleep Apnea Devices Market and grow at the highest rate in the forecast period.

Based on end user, the market is segmented into home care and sleep laboratories and hospitals. In 2015, the home care segment is estimated to account for the major share of the sleep apnea devices market.

On the basis of regions, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia- Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). The RoW comprises Latin America, Central America, and Africa. In 2015, North America is estimated to account for the largest share of the sleep apnea devices market, followed by Europe and Asia- Pacific. However, the European market is slated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This region will also be a revenue pocket for market players.

A strong focus on innovation is being observed in the sleep apnea devices market, by both major players such as ResMed, Inc. (U.S.) and new entrants such as Airing LLC (U.S.). The rich pipeline of innovative products in the Sleep Apnea Devices Market opens an array of opportunities for the market. Players are particularly focused on making devices compact and efficient. Furthermore, start-up companies in this market are also attracting venture capital funding, which is a sign of the opportunities in the Sleep Apnea Devices Market.

Some major players in the global Sleep Apnea Devices Market include ResMed, Inc. (U.S.), Philips Healthcare (Netherlands), Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd. (New Zealand), Compumedics Ltd. (Australia), SomnoMed (Australia), and Whole You, Inc. (U.S.).

Fair Use from:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...37401.html
The above post may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material available is intended to advance the understanding of Sleep Apnea treatment and to advance the educational level of Sleep Apnea patients with regard to their health. Sometimes included is the full text of articles and documents rather than a simple link because outside links frequently "go bad" or change over time. This constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without fee or payment of any kind for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Apnea Devices Market Worth $5.3 Billion by 2020
And as we speak all the major players are sitting around a conference table saying, "We could sell these things for a fourth of what we do now and still make a fortune but why would we want to do that? Let's also keep convincing the various governments that a sleep study and a prescription are absolutely necessary in 100% of the cases. If we stick to our guns, it will keep the small players out of the business so they won't ruin it for the rest of us".

Just kidding of course. I have full faith in the medical community and all the medical device manufacturers, along with the Easter Bunny & Santa.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with surferdude.
The more witch-docter masks & Voodoo and Mumbo-Jumbo rituals will help make the uninitiates believe in our magic!

Ahem. Oh? Did I type that in here out loud? Goodness me....

Too-funny
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep physician said he was around in the early days of CPAP and there was a much more holistic approach. He sounded pretty jaded by the business it's now become.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why would you include Airing LLC in the same sentence as Resmed and not even include PR? Airing may be innovative, but it is pure vapor-ware, and they have never produced a single medically approved unit. This alone makes the whole article specious.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was pleasantly surprised to find the cost of the machines had gone down by more than half (in Canada) since my first machine in 2004.
The masks however are still very high priced, I'm sure they cost less than half to make...

I also wondered about Airing - and if it would be a good choice for travelling with if they ever get anything on the market.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,846 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 102 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 352 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 292 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.