Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, panic with full face mask during ramp phase
RE: Help, panic with full face mask during ramp phase
(11-28-2012, 02:26 AM)TheWerkz Wrote: Wow, I didn't know any machine stored everything for an unlimited duration, I guess they're (ResMed) compromising between how much data to store on a 1GB SD card.

Someone posted the details on this. Basically, ResMed made some bad choices in terms of how they store the data on the card. It was something really stupid like using an old format that limited the number of files in a directory. My S9 card has been used for months and it only has 45 MB or so of data, so they could easily have stored 10x the amount of data on the card and not had any problem fitting the data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2012, 07:15 PM)archangle Wrote: Someone posted the details on this. Basically, ResMed made some bad choices in terms of how they store the data on the card. It was something really stupid like using an old format that limited the number of files in a directory. My S9 card has been used for months and it only has 45 MB or so of data, so they could easily have stored 10x the amount of data on the card and not had any problem fitting the data.

I just checked mine and it's 38 MB for 7 weeks of data, it'll be interesting to see what it uses after 1 full year.

The S9 is by far a major advancement over my previous S8 AutoSet II in both quality and quantity of data it would save to that its smartcard so the S9 has been really luxurious after 4 1/2 years of using the S8 and its LCD screen.

Hopefully ResMed will have even better storage allotments on the next generation (S10 ?) machines.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully ResMed and Respironics will catch on to the idea that it's us, the hoseheads, who buy the machines and use them. Not the DME's. We want hardware and software that works for us.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2012, 09:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Hopefully ResMed and Respironics will catch on to the idea that it's us, the hoseheads, who buy the machines and use them. Not the DME's. We want hardware and software that works for us.

Unfortunately, most apneacs are just sheep who get whatever the doctors and DMEs give them and never know the difference.

We do need to do what we can to educate other users, but we should take any chance we can to educate the doctors as well.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,584 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.