Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD Memory Cards for S9 units - which type?
RE: Cheap price on 16 GB Sandisk SD Memory Card
(02-28-2012, 06:03 PM)Steven Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 05:58 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks Steven!

What about this one: [link removed in order to place thread on Main Forum]

It looks like the other one, doesn't appear to be an SDHC, but it says it's a "class 2" SD card... will that work?

Don't really know what "Class 2" means, but "I" would buy it.

See this PC Magazine article on SD Cards - Explains it all.

[Admin note: commercial link removed in order to place thread on Main Forum

Do a Google Search for "Flash Memory Cards: What You Need to Know" and the PC Magazine article should be near top of the search results. - thanks - SuperSleeper.]

Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Steven, went ahead and ordered that one. Only 1 left in stock with Free Super Saver Shipping if anyone wants it, still some other available but 'ya gotta pay shipping. I combined it with another item I wanted to get so the total was over $25 for free shipping.

Thanks Steven!

(buying online is a very dangerous thing... WAY to easy).
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Again, I can't recommend strongly enough the FREE SDFormatter Software for formatting your SD Cards.

Works like a charm for me. Did I mention it was FREE?

And you should be formatting your SD card at least every couple of weeks.
I do it every week. That is the reason I have 2 SD Cards.
I take 1 SD card out of the S9 & put the other one in. That gives me extra time to download the data to the ResScan Software & then format that card.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC
This software formats all SD memory cards, SDHC memory cards and SDXC memory cards. SD Formatter provides quick and easy access to the full capabilities of your SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.

The SD Formatter was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards. It is strongly recommended to use the SD Formatter instead of formatting utilities provided with operating systems that format various types of storage media. Using generic formatting utilities may result in less than optimal performance for your memory cards.

The SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards have a "Protected Area" on the card for the SD standard's security function. The SD Formatter does not format the "Protected Area". Please use appropriate application software or SD-compatible device that provides SD security function to format the "Protected Area" in the memory card.

System Requirements
Operating Systems:
SD/SDHC SDXC
Windows Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP Windows 7
Windows Vista (SP1 or later)
Windows XP (SP2 or later) with the exFAT file system update (KB955704)
Mac Mac OS X(v10.7 Lion)
Mac OS X(v10.6 Snow Leopard)
Mac OS X(v10.5 Leopard for Intel Mac) Mac OS X (v10.7 Lion)
Mac OS X (v10.6.5 Snow Leopard or later) with the exFAT file system update

Note: SDXC memory cards inserted in the direct SD slot on a computer may require the installation of an SDXC driver.

If an SDXC memory card is used through the direct SD slot of a computer without SDXC driver installation, the card may not be recognized correctly and a message to prompt formatting may appear. In this case, do not format the SDXC memory card. It may erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system, making it incompatible with SDXC devices.

SD Interface Devices
The following interface devices can be used to access SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards:

SD slot on computer
USB SD reader
PC Card, CardBus or ExpressCard SD adapter
Always confirm that the device is compatible with the SD, SDHC or SDXC memory card before formatting.

SD Formatter 3.1 for Windows User's Manuals
Download the SD Formatter 3.1 for Windows User's Manual from the buttons below:

English

(pdf, 214k)
Japanese

(pdf, 291k)

Simplified Chinese

(pdf, 240k)
Traditional Chinese

(pdf, 270k)

Download SD Formatter for Windows
Download SD Formatter for Mac

Copyright Notice
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Apple, Mac, Mac OS, Mac OS logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.

This is my 3rd machine

Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper:

I think this is a good thread for the Main Forum (after you remove the commercial links of course).

This is my 3rd machine

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2012, 06:27 PM)Steven Wrote: SuperSleeper:

I think this is a good thread for the Main Forum (after you remove the commercial links of course).

All the Commercial Links have been removed - thread has been sanitized for Main Forum use. Big Grin

The SD Association site isn't really commercial as far as I can tell, so it remains.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 516 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Data on 2 separate SD cards. Merge? eok361 21 880 12-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 418 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,101 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.