Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Stupid Government made me spill my gasoline!
...unless your name is Exxon or Bank of America.
Then the government will be falling all over itseft to help you load up your pockets with more money!

Big Grin
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2013, 01:07 PM)Shastzi Wrote: ...unless your name is Exxon or Bank of America.
Then the government will be falling all over itseft to help you load up your pockets with more money!

Big Grin

Yep Yep

From what I have noticed, this forum has people from all over the world. I am sure this will just make me sound like another overly self important "murican..." BUT once our flag truly falls (in the global economy or otherwise) there is no other hope for change. Global citizens can complain all they want about America and their allies 'policing' the world, but check back with me after a decade of China running things. Once our light is snuffed out, there will be no other to pick up that torch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it began when they changed the original recipe for Coca Cola. LOL I find that nothing is like thew good ol' days. Even cake mixes taste odd now and everything has corn syrup in it. I just want an affordable time machine so I can go back in time and stay there. Does anyone remember Bonomo turkish taffy? It was soooo good. I also remember the taste of vanilla ice cream oin a cake cone in Spring Lake New Jersey, and the smell of the sand. The sea salt in Ocean City Md, too
Post Reply Post Reply

When Twinkies were taken off the market that was a mark of the beginning of the end of civilization.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the "real" reason was to prevent release of gasoline vapors to prevent the resultant air pollution and it was "wrapped" in safety concerns to help keep the peasants quiet.

However, go to Northern Tool, or their web site and look up "No-Spill" brand gas cans. They are also available at some other places. It does take two hands, but you squeeze the button on the nozzle, and gas comes out without having to push back on the nozzle like a lot of the other econazi approved cans require.

I actually use the one I bought in preference over my illegal pre-ban gas cans. It doesn't spill, and it shuts off immediately when I want to stop. Other than requiring two hands, it's almost ideal.

They are a little expensive, but how many gas cans are you going to buy in your lifetime.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one like that, too. I like having the ability to turn the flow on or off. I tend to spill less that way.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I bought a plastic can recently from one of the big box stores. Like someone else said, you have to hold the base of the spout down in order for it to flow. All fine and good except that it leaks and I always end up with gas on my hands and around the mower. Lately I've been pouring it without the spout attached and it's better. Just gotta have good aim Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Gearheads: Gasoline Stabilizer justMongo 8 572 01-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: PollCat
  Victoza made me ill. justMongo 3 440 08-10-2015, 12:43 AM
Last Post: PositiveMe123
  [News] Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered ApneaNews 3 873 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter_C