Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
New TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask

Thought this new product was interesting:

Direct link to video here.

The above post may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. The material available is intended to advance the understanding of Sleep Apnea treatment and to advance the educational level of Sleep Apnea patients with regard to their health. Sometimes included is the full text of articles and documents rather than a simple link because outside links frequently "go bad" or change over time. This constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without fee or payment of any kind for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this post for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow
Interesting. I couldn't handle the hose going up in front of my eyes, but I couldn't tell if you have an option to let it go down or off to the side. I wonder if the part that hangs on the teeth has to be fitted by a denti$t.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't want to look like some kind of Borg-Klingon? What's wrong with you??!?!

I would probably spit it out in my sleep anyway, and then the cat would pick it up and run off with it... but everyone's mileage may vary.

Big Grin
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess it's a great concept..except....how about denture wearers like me???
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
It is similar to another device by another manufacturer, one I had considered trying, and similar also to something I mocked up on a 3D printer a few months back to try out. Not awful, but in the end the pull against the teeth was less comfortable than wearing a head strap, and if you do not have a standard measure of ellipsis (the bit between the bottom of your nose and the central tips of your upper lip, where men grow their moustaches) then these won't fit (just as most masks that assume that you are a standard size there won't) so people like me that have a small ellipsis or like some that have an overlong one are out of luck in getting a good fit, or even a fit at all....
Post Reply Post Reply
The device that's similar is called the Nomask. It's been discussed here at Apnea Board but I can't seem to find it.

Nomask has a boil-and-bite mouth piece and a two-hose design. It's expensive and I remember one user complaining about the flimsiness of those tubes. It also has an option that allows the mouth piece to be fit professionally by a dentist.

Wilorg, I thought the video showed a feature that allowed for adjustment of the distance between the mouth and nose.

I would try attaching the hose to the top of my chin strap at the crown of my head.

I want to try one of these masks! Would the manufacturer please read this and send me a free trial?

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.