It's a Free Sleep Apnea Encyclopedia that YOU can edit. The Apnea Board Wiki is repository of collected knowledge and wisdom concerning Sleep Apnea, created by Apnea Board Members. We're using the same software as Wikipedia, so if you're familiar with Wikipedia, it works the same way: anyone can read through the Wiki, but we'd like you to help edit and write new articles for the Wiki by becoming an Apnea Board Wiki Editor.
The Wiki is located at:
A link to the Wiki is also available at the top right menu area of the forums.
Apnea Board Forum members are eligible to become an Apnea Board Wiki Editor upon meeting the following requirements:
1. Must be an active Apnea Board Forum member for a period of not less than one month.
2. Must have a demonstrated history of helpfulness and civility on the Apnea Board Forum.
3. Must have a minimum of 10 posts on the Main Apnea Board Forum proving a basic ability to write coherently in the English language.
How to become a Wiki Editor
1. Send a PM (Private Message) on the Apnea Board Forum to SuperSleeper.
2. Tell SuperSleeper in that PM you'd like to become a Wiki Editor.
3. Your Wiki username is the same as your forum username.
4. Wait until you receive a confirmation PM from SuperSleeper (usually within a day or so). The confirmation PM will include your username and temporary password for your Wiki Editor Account. You can change your Wiki password after your first log in by going to our Wiki Password Change Page. Please keep in mind that on this Wiki, usernames and passwords are case-sensitive. Test your new Wiki username and password by logging on to the Wiki (upper right corner of the Wiki page).
Please Note: All Wiki Editors must be in general agreement with the Apnea Board philosophy of patient-empowerment. Editors who violate Apnea Board Rules or become disruptive of Apnea Board's goals will risk having their Editor status and forum membership revoked. By participating on this website, Wiki Editors are agreeing to the terms outlined in our Copyright and User Agreement.
Also, Wiki Editors will have access to our private Wiki Editors Forum where Wiki Editors can discuss all things related to the Wiki. Only approved Wiki Editors will have access to this new forum.
I've started a number of articles already with basic Sleep Apnea information that was available from several free sources on the Web, but we need to expand the articles and create new articles. Wiki Editors can't really "break" anything, so we encourage Editors to experiment with the Wiki. We even have a Sandbox page on the Wiki, where brand new Editors can experiment and "mess around" with editing this practice Wiki page. Mistakes on all Wiki pages can always be corrected by other Editors, so there's no risk that you'll destroy the Wiki as a new Editor.
The idea is to provide a one-stop place for general information regarding Sleep Apnea and CPAP treatment.
Go ahead and start browsing around and let me know if you like to help by becoming a Wiki Editor or if you have any critiques or suggestions for the Wiki, feel free to send me a PM (Private Message) here on the forum or you may also reply to this post.
Apnea Board Administrator